apart from ridiculously simple...any other good micro review books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i refuse to read that book...i spend more time figuring out the humor....than I spend actually focusing on the material......

And as for parasitology?..any need ?

BRS has a pretty nice systems lay-out...for bacteria...which would fit well with my intended systems based schedule....but many people I ask don?t recommend it

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by tega
i refuse to read that book...i spend more time figuring out the humor....than I spend actually focusing on the material......

And as for parasitology?..any need ?

BRS has a pretty nice systems lay-out...for bacteria...which would fit well with my intended systems based schedule....but many people I ask don?t recommend it

Lange's Medical Microbiology & Immunology Examination and Board Review book is excellent. (If you look into it make sure you get the one directed at the boards and not the textbook.) Most of the students at my school preferred Micro Ridiculously Simple (MRS) but the Lange book has several advantages.

Among them are the fact that it includes immuno, has tons of practice questions, has a summary section at the end, and has an associated textbook w/ the same authors.

I liked MRS for the ridiculous cartoons and mnemonics but when I need to look stuff up I usually choose the Lange book.

Levinson and Jawetz's Lange micro and immuno that was mentioned previously is awesome!!!!!!!

immuno in it is hands down the best out there and the summary in the back is priceless.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
Lippincott's Micro is excellent...it has excellent summaries and pictures like all of the lippincott books.

checked out the lange rev book today....not bad at all...

Originally posted by giznut12
Lippincott's Micro is excellent...it has excellent summaries and pictures like all of the lippincott books.

Yup, exactly, I really liked the disease summaries. The glossy pages were an added bonus. :)