hpets

10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone recommend a certain building/realtor? I am looking at UCA and Campus Apartments (such as 4111 walnut, 4129 walnut, etc) I would like to spend 600-800 a month. Any suggestions/comments? UCA says the pay for all utilities except electricity so that looks very inviting, but are their apts generally in worse conditions? I'm actually going to Philly next week but I want to get some reputations :)

Sprgrover

Pulped out Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
Does anyone recommend a certain building/realtor? I am looking at UCA and Campus Apartments (such as 4111 walnut, 4129 walnut, etc) I would like to spend 600-800 a month. Any suggestions/comments? UCA says the pay for all utilities except electricity so that looks very inviting, but are their apts generally in worse conditions? I'm actually going to Philly next week but I want to get some reputations :)

UCA and Campus Apartments are the two largets landlords in University City. I personally rent from UCA. While I think the Campus Apartments properties on the whole are in a bit better shape than UCH they do charge more for rent, many of their sites don't include utilities (which can really add up) and don't include high-speed internet. Campus Apartments does have some strange/strict leasing policies (e.g. when you have to renew, deposits, etc.). I would encourage you to look at available properties from both of them - several dental students live at 4111 Walnut (and, for what it's worth, the bulk of dental students live within a four block radius of the dental school).

About the Ads

BigRedDentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I currently rent from University City Associates (UCA) at 4101 Spruce St. (Berkshire) and I pay $895 a month including all utilities. My place is really big and nice (1 bedroom, large living room and kitchen with tons of closet space). The only reason I am moving out is that I would rather live with friends. 4111 Walnut is really nice and about 25 dental kids live there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.