Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

apartments for penn students

Discussion in 'Dental' started by hpets, Feb 20, 2007.

1. hpets

hpets Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does anyone recommend a certain building/realtor? I am looking at UCA and Campus Apartments (such as 4111 walnut, 4129 walnut, etc) I would like to spend 600-800 a month. Any suggestions/comments? UCA says the pay for all utilities except electricity so that looks very inviting, but are their apts generally in worse conditions? I'm actually going to Philly next week but I want to get some reputations :)

2. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

UCA and Campus Apartments are the two largets landlords in University City. I personally rent from UCA. While I think the Campus Apartments properties on the whole are in a bit better shape than UCH they do charge more for rent, many of their sites don't include utilities (which can really add up) and don't include high-speed internet. Campus Apartments does have some strange/strict leasing policies (e.g. when you have to renew, deposits, etc.). I would encourage you to look at available properties from both of them - several dental students live at 4111 Walnut (and, for what it's worth, the bulk of dental students live within a four block radius of the dental school).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. proline

proline Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

what's UCA?

4. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Sorry - I got my wires crossed - it should be UCH - University City Housing.

www.uchweb.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BigRedDentist

BigRedDentist Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I currently rent from University City Associates (UCA) at 4101 Spruce St. (Berkshire) and I pay $895 a month including all utilities. My place is really big and nice (1 bedroom, large living room and kitchen with tons of closet space). The only reason I am moving out is that I would rather live with friends. 4111 Walnut is really nice and about 25 dental kids live there.