apartments for penn students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpets

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recommend a certain building/realtor? I am looking at UCA and Campus Apartments (such as 4111 walnut, 4129 walnut, etc) I would like to spend 600-800 a month. Any suggestions/comments? UCA says the pay for all utilities except electricity so that looks very inviting, but are their apts generally in worse conditions? I'm actually going to Philly next week but I want to get some reputations :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone recommend a certain building/realtor? I am looking at UCA and Campus Apartments (such as 4111 walnut, 4129 walnut, etc) I would like to spend 600-800 a month. Any suggestions/comments? UCA says the pay for all utilities except electricity so that looks very inviting, but are their apts generally in worse conditions? I'm actually going to Philly next week but I want to get some reputations :)

UCA and Campus Apartments are the two largets landlords in University City. I personally rent from UCA. While I think the Campus Apartments properties on the whole are in a bit better shape than UCH they do charge more for rent, many of their sites don't include utilities (which can really add up) and don't include high-speed internet. Campus Apartments does have some strange/strict leasing policies (e.g. when you have to renew, deposits, etc.). I would encourage you to look at available properties from both of them - several dental students live at 4111 Walnut (and, for what it's worth, the bulk of dental students live within a four block radius of the dental school).

Members don't see this ad :)
I currently rent from University City Associates (UCA) at 4101 Spruce St. (Berkshire) and I pay $895 a month including all utilities. My place is really big and nice (1 bedroom, large living room and kitchen with tons of closet space). The only reason I am moving out is that I would rather live with friends. 4111 Walnut is really nice and about 25 dental kids live there.