Apartments near Barry/CSPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

For anyone who is currently attending or is thinking about attending Barry where is the best place to look for apartments in a modest price range? This is one of my biggest concerns for this school.

thank you.

also if anyone can jump in on apartments near CSPM I'd appreciate that as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Most definitely.

Previous student there said they shared with a mate and monthly for rent was 1200 per person. :(

shoooweee.

I was always planning on no roommates this time around since I did that all four years of undergrad, but if i end up at CPSM I may have too.

there are lots of places both north and south of barry that average around 1500-2000 so its better to get a roommate or two, definitely helps with the costs especially internet, water etc

There are maybe two or three apartment complexes about 10-15 mins from Barry that are not in the hood. A single bedroom usually runs over 1200, even when the area is so ****ty. You can try looking in aventura, it's a nice area but pricey. People also live in Hollywood, which is a bit further away.

There are maybe two or three apartment complexes about 10-15 mins from Barry that are not in the hood. A single bedroom usually runs over 1200, even when the area is so ****ty. You can try looking in aventura, it's a nice area but pricey. People also live in Hollywood, which is a bit further away.
And here I thought Florida would be cheaper than the Bay Area.....man am I naive.

Just looking at these prices makes me want to curl up in a fetal position.

And here I thought Florida would be cheaper than the Bay Area.....man am I naive.

Just looking at these prices makes me want to curl up in a fetal position.

Have you seen the area Barry is in? Its the worst and on top of it all, expensive rent. Not many people I know live on their own.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who is currently attending or is thinking about attending Barry where is the best place to look for apartments in a modest price range? This is one of my biggest concerns for this school.

thank you.

also if anyone can jump in on apartments near CSPM I'd appreciate that as well.

I currently attend Barry, and just posted a rundown of the neighborhoods many of us stay in

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-of-podiatric-medicine-class-of-2021.1230322/

Current Barry 1st year. Just like to address the 'rough area' theme flying around this thread and elsewhere. I don't know where the individuals using this term or similar descriptions are from, but it is not a 'rough area' . Several blocks west of campus is a different story, but the immediate surrounding area is fairly benign.

Current Barry 1st year. Just like to address the 'rough area' theme flying around this thread and elsewhere. I don't know where the individuals using this term or similar descriptions are from, but it is not a 'rough area' . Several blocks west of campus is a different story, but the immediate surrounding area is fairly benign.

My visit to temple almost got me stabbed in the street for not buying some guys CDs, in Miami i got to pet beach cats

Have you seen the area Barry is in? Its the worst and on top of it all, expensive rent. Not many people I know live on their own.

'The worst" lol. Kid. I don't know where you grew up but put your silver spoon down. The area around Barry is NOT comparable to the high crime areas around Newark, DC, Camden, Bronx (Gun Hill Rd), Bay area, Compton, Detroit, etc etc. The greater Miami area has these pockets too, but they are miles away from the immediate radius surrounding campus.

The rent is relative. I have a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with a pool, gated security, a short drive from Bal Harbor, brand new amenities- for LESS than the price that my buddy pays for a run down roach infested studio in NYC.

'The worst" lol. Kid. I don't know where you grew up but put your silver spoon down. The area around Barry is NOT comparable to the high crime areas around Newark, DC, Camden, Bronx (Gun Hill Rd), Bay area, Compton, Detroit, etc etc. The greater Miami area has these pockets too, but they are miles away from the immediate radius surrounding campus.

The rent is relative. I have a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with a pool, gated security, a short drive from Bal Harbor, brand new amenities- for LESS than the price that my buddy pays for a run down roach infested studio in NYC.

Why is it on these forums that if you have a different opinion, insults start being thrown around? You don't know my age or background. Yes, the area is 100% run down and crap, especially for the amount they charge for rent.

Why is it on these forums that if you have a different opinion, insults start being thrown around? You don't know my age or background. Yes, the area is 100% run down and crap, especially for the amount they charge for rent.

The only insult is the one you gave to the Miami shores community, or anyone who grew up in an area similar to it. It is not 'run down' or 'crap'. It is a working class, predominantly non-white community. That does not make it a 'run down and crap' community. There is not rampant crime. How many crime related incidents have been reported on our around campus this year? One. A single incident. If a single petty criminal event qualifies as 'run down and crap' then I am safe in making assumptions about your background.

Again, rent is relative. You get way less for way more in other cities. The same apartment in one of the actual 'run down and crap' neighborhoods in the Bronx or non-gentrified Harlem would be twice as much or more than the same one in North Miami/ Miami shores.

The only insult is the one you gave to the Miami shores community, or anyone who grew up in an area similar to it. It is not 'run down' or 'crap'. It is a working class, predominantly non-white community. That does not make it a 'run down and crap' community. There is not rampant crime. How many crime related incidents have been reported on our around campus this year? One. A single incident. If a single petty criminal event qualifies as 'run down and crap' then I am safe in making assumptions about your background.

Again, rent is relative. You get way less for way more in other cities. The same apartment in one of the actual 'run down and crap' neighborhoods in the Bronx or non-gentrified Harlem would be twice as much or more than the same one in North Miami/ Miami shores.

Again, you're assuming I am not from this area and what my standards are for what I consider rough. The area around the university is absolutely run down, so let's agree to disagree. People will always have different standards.