Apathy/Senioritis anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goillini

passive observer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else wish med school started tomorrow? since i got accepted i just haven't been able to concentrate or take my normal boring schoolwork seriously! i feel like none of it really matters, i either won't use it ever or i will learn it over again with actual applications in the next few years. In essence i am letting my senior year go down the crapper. I feel really bad about this though, as if as a future doctor i should still want to study hard and learn all i can before i start med school. I'm just so excited to be so close to what i've always looked forward to doing and i'm ready to get on with my life! this is 10 times worse than high school senioritis was, anyone else out there feel me on this one?
i find myself going to our library on campus to study for exams and i end up reading the Textbook of Emergency Medicine, isn't that a little sad?

Members don't see this ad.

Sigh, lol, yes, I only wish it had started three years ago...I'm at work at my health sciences library and started reading about surgical techniques. There's no help for it i guess...+pissed+ darn it all...

Yeah. I hear ya. What pisses me off is that some schools still want midterm grades. So those people on waiting lists or on hold can't really slack off. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel your pain and remember it well. It was soooo hard getting through my last semester in 2002. You really have to fight the urge to stay home and really need to push yourself to study. Don't quit yet, or you could be in real trouble.

I left my hardest class for my last semster of school. Bad move almost got a C in my 5 credit Embryology class with lab. I kicked butt on the 5 hour final thankfully and managed a B, but it really kept me scared the last few weeks of school. I can only imagine what a C in a 5 credit course would have done to my GAP.:eek:

Keep pushing..... You're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, enjoy it while you have it. The last year of college was one of my favorites. I got sooooooooooo drunk and hooked up so much, it was great.

Q, DO

I am hearing you. This semester has been disastrous to say the least. Complete lack of motivation. This has been my worst semester academically ever. These damn forums do not help either. Finals are over and I have a month to regroup for the final round. I do feel bad b/c I know I have the potential it is just when I sit in a marine bio, plant phys., or molec. class I just lose interest. I need to kick butt next semester so when I forward my final grades to med school it does not look too bad.

raptor5

I know what you mean, I found a good article in the annals of Emergency Med, while I should have been looking at biochem, but that is now over.
Which at least it is better reading now that I am accepted.

I haven't been accepted yet but agree completly with what everone has said. I can't stop thinking about being done. One more semester after 11 (6 years total part time included) it's just impossible to concentrate and I have finals next week!!:cool:

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Hey, enjoy it while you have it. The last year of college was one of my favorites. I got sooooooooooo drunk and hooked up so much, it was great.

Q, DO

Thats classic....classic;)

Originally posted by goillini
Anyone else wish med school started tomorrow? since i got accepted i just haven't been able to concentrate or take my normal boring schoolwork seriously!

I am feeling you on this one, except that I don't want to go to work anymore. I want school to start NOW! I have been waiting for a long time, and I would much rather be studying for something I wan to do than to continue working in an area almost completely unlrelated to the medical field.

Quick question: What is everyone doing to motivate themselves to get through the rest of the year up until school starts (aside from partying until then ;) )?

Originally posted by scubadiva
Quick question: What is everyone doing to motivate themselves to get through the rest of the year up until school starts (aside from partying until then ;) )?

i want to graduate with summa cum laude. that's what motivates me.

I'm having a REALLY hard time getting into my work. I am so unmotivated! Now that I know I'm in, I have lost all steam for anything but relaxation...

Originally posted by Runtita
I'm having a REALLY hard time getting into my work. I am so unmotivated! Now that I know I'm in, I have lost all steam for anything but relaxation...

YES!!! Someone who feels like I do right now. I am excited to be on my way that I just CANNOT TEACH these kiddies anymore. It's because I absolutely abhor my school's administration.

I have been slacking off for the past week and a half. It is extremely obvious. I am tempted to quit and just enjoy myself now that I know I am going to be in school next year.

Where can I get the motivation? This has never ever happened to me before, even when things looked bleak.

Originally posted by scubadiva
Where can I get the motivation? This has never ever happened to me before, even when things looked bleak.

Coffee is my salvation. With lots of sugar.

Originally posted by Runtita
Coffee is my salvation. With lots of sugar.

Coffee wakes me up and allows me to function properly. I'm convinced it's more essential than oxygen is to keep me living :) , however, it does not provide me with motivation.

For example, I woke up at 4 a.m. today to do some work, but I did NOTHING!!! I stayed awake until I had to get ready for work. I sat around and enjoyed my coffee and spoke to my brother (yeah, he happens to be up at 4 in the morning), and I wasted my time listening to music and just doing absolutely nothing but sit and enjoy my free time.

I have no clue how I will make it to June at this rate.