app is verified but ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

my app is verified, but i have an "X - correction made my amcas" next to one of my courses. i guess my school sent my transcript without the grade, but i sent another follow up one cause i knew they would screw up with the grade on it for sure. but they did. i'm not sure if its anything to get my panties in a tangle over. uhhh. that was awkward. what do they do with the "X"? hopefully not hold the app? thanks. :wink:
-jot

Members don't see this ad.

no, they don't mean a thing. I got X's next to almost all of my courses last year (the reason is cuz my school gives grades by percentages) and nothing happened. GPA stayed the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, mine has been processed also...I must say I am very impressed thus far with AMCAS.

yeah thats pretty amazing it was so fast - the nice thing was that the mistake helped my gpa a little (.01 - hardly mentionable). whatever, i'll take the charity point. i wonder if they will be so smooth later on, it would be rather unprecendented yah? too bad columbias app sucks.
-jot

I don't have any X's but I have a bunch of x's in circles next to the courses I predicted I would take my senior year... everything else has the friendly little dashes :)

I just checked my application and I've been processed and transmitted to my designated schools. That was really fast compared to the nightmare I heard from last year's applicants..

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctor Pepper:
•I just checked my application and I've been processed and transmitted to my designated schools. That was really fast compared to the nightmare I heard from last year's applicants..•••••You've been transmitted!? When did you submit. I'm envious! :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctor Pepper:
•I just checked my application and I've been processed and transmitted to my designated schools. That was really fast compared to the nightmare I heard from last year's applicants..•••••Yeah, it was very fast compared to last year. Pepper, I see you're from Georgia...where are you applying if you don't mind me asking?

Hoovah

Can't believe people are getting processed so fast! Go, AMCAS!! :D But then, I think a few people got processed relatively early last year, and then the nightmare began for the rest of us..........I think I'll reserve judgment for a while. :wink:

I just applied to one school for the time being.. I applied edp to MCG, though I was probably competitive for a number of other schools. (3.8 gpa, 29 mcat) The faculty there have been incredible in assisting me throughout the app. process and they have an excellent residency placement.. You have to look further into a school than usnews's ranking which don't have that much validity in my book..

It explicitly states that your transcripts have been verified and your application has been transmitted to the medical schools you selected.., etc, etc..