App Under Review/Completed - Should I bother retaking the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QwertyStar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow students,

My application was completed before August 1st and is under review by the schools of my choosing. My DAT scores are just above the average, highest being my PAT @ 22 [sGPA 3.6, GPA 3.5]. At this point in the application process would it be worth it to write the DAT again? I was considering writing the Canadian DAT this time around in November. If I don't end up getting interviews would the schools re-review my application with the new scores?

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you submitted all supplemental information? Sometimes that can hold up the process. I think you're GPA is fine and if you're DAT is average you should get an interview somewhere. Check out this thread by doc toothache: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2012-ranking-of-ds-based-on-gpa-dat-other.992010/. He has some interesting analysis and you can see where you stand for each school you apply to.

Thank you. I have submitted all the supplementals. We'll see what the future holds.
ps. Thanks for the link. Will definitely check it out.