Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

App Verification and August MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drdrtoledo, Oct 1, 2001.

1. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious

Resident [Any Field]
    AMCAS won't verify your application until they get your August MCAT scores if you are a first time taker right?
    Anyone have a clue how long after they get the scores before they verify you?
    Anyone on the same boat?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. labrat

labrat Member

I am new to this too, I'm in the same boat as you. It's really difficult to wait for those results! I applaud the patience of all of you who have gone through this before! I think I am going insane waiting, waiting, waiting.. I feel really bad for those that got screwed by AMCAS... I submitted my app at the beginning of Sept., and I feel lucky to have missed some of the problems. I am not verified yet, however.
    This is my first post, by the way, but I've been reading posts for about 6 weeks now. It does feel good to vent!

P.S. Could anyone tell me the meaning of BTW?? I am not familiar with what that means, but have had fun coming up with possibilities. Thanks. :p

4. CT

CT Member

I think it means BY THE WAY.

5. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

Who told you that? AMCAS? Or are you just assuming? This has been on my mind for quite some time, thanks for the post.

6. JenniferC15

JenniferC15 Member

I don't think any of you should get your hopes up about being verified soon. I took the April MCAT, and AMCAS has had my transcripts since June. I submitted in early July, and still have not been verified. Sigh....it's been almost 3 months now....

7. drdrtoledo

Resident [Any Field]
    lady,
    I was just assuming... I am going to try and call today. I was hoping that someone might know on the board. I'll get back to you.

8. beached whale

beached whale Member

Umm... I just got an email saying that I have completed the verification process (red Xs started showing up about 1 1/2 weeks ago and after that I recieved about 4 redundant emails thanking me for submitting (the same email they send when they process your payment). I submitted my application 8/24 and was an August MCAT taker. As far as I know, its too early for them to have my scores yet. I guess I was one of the lucky ones - but I also made it a point not to touch my application once it was submitted.

9. drdrtoledo

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi BW,
    I'm on hold with AMCAS right now (25min). I haven't touched my app either. I submitted 7/27 and still nothing. It says it is certified but not processed. Hopefully nothing else is wrong. Thanks for the info!

10. drdrtoledo

Resident [Any Field]
    OK GUYS I GOT THE JUICE!!!
    Verification has NOTHING to do with MCAT score being received. They started verifying from the beginning again to find people that were accidently missed in the mess (as we all know, several people were) They are up to early July submitters. They said they should be done with July within the next 2 weeks. I am not sure how guys from late August already got verified but at least I have some sort of explanation. They said there was nothing missing and that if anything were lacking they would have sent an email. I hope this helps!

11. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member

hey toledo
    Thank you SO MUCH. You are the best! I submitted 8/11 and since then have added schools 2 times. My transcripts have been in there since June. I sort of took it easy and been filling out secondaries for a while without bothering with AMCAS, but I guess I should, hah?

12. I"m verified and took the August MCAT. Adding schools doesn't hurt anything either. You're already verified...the computer will just generate a report to send out to the new schools you added.