Appeal Letter Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vpathak1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Ok well I applied to Berkeley and I got rejected =(
but many people have told me to write an appeal because this semester in Jr. College I really pushed myself hard. I took on 8 classes, 26 units, and have completed all of my lower division req. for the major of Economics. This site is filled with many many many smart people, and I was wondering if I could get some help from anybody out there.

I am about done with my rough copy of my appeal letter and was wondering if I could send it to anyone out there to give a read. It?s only a page long. The outline is simple..3 body paragraphs. Body 1: talks about me and school how I found myself..etc Body 2: talks about me and this semester and how it was hard with 26 units..8 classes..and I mentioned a little bit about my parents getting a divorce this year. Body 3: talks about why I need to transfer this semester, because i will just be wasting 1 year of my life, while I can be getting a head start on my education. If there are any nice folks out there that can help me out I would really really appreciate it! Just reply on this msg board, and I will send you my paper.

Thanks again!

Varun

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the appeal would be pretty useless, especially if you didn't get an interview (which you didn't mention). If you didn't get an interview, I really wouldn't bother, unfortunately.

As for your letter: Body paragraph 3 doesn't sound very good. Your reason for NEEDING to go to medical school this year should not be related to "not wasting a year of your life". Many medical schools think that this year can help you grow a lot as a person and can help you become a better applicant. Also, did you apply to many schools? Were you accepted anywhere? It sounds like you only applied to Berkley from your post, so I'm just wondering.

i think the poster is talking about transferring from a jc to ucberk for undergrad. right??

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i am talkin about transfering from a JC to Berkeley, can you help me out? I just want to make it the best.

Thanks so much

What facted said still applies to ugrad... don't say you'll be wasting a year. Keep the letter positive. And you should probably add something about how Berkeley in particular will help you pursue your future goals. Good luck!

Vpathak1 said:
Hi. Ok well I applied to Berkeley and I got rejected =(
but many people have told me to write an appeal because this semester in Jr. College I really pushed myself hard. I took on 8 classes, 26 units, and have completed all of my lower division req. for the major of Economics. This site is filled with many many many smart people, and I was wondering if I could get some help from anybody out there.

I am about done with my rough copy of my appeal letter and was wondering if I could send it to anyone out there to give a read. It?s only a page long. The outline is simple..3 body paragraphs. Body 1: talks about me and school how I found myself..etc Body 2: talks about me and this semester and how it was hard with 26 units..8 classes..and I mentioned a little bit about my parents getting a divorce this year. Body 3: talks about why I need to transfer this semester, because i will just be wasting 1 year of my life, while I can be getting a head start on my education. If there are any nice folks out there that can help me out I would really really appreciate it! Just reply on this msg board, and I will send you my paper.

Thanks again!

Varun

hey, do the appeal. I think UCLA and berkeley reverse 2% of the appeals, so there's definitely incentive to appeal. What are you losing?? But under no circumstances do they reverse based on new academic performances or *new* things, only something that was "inadvertently" omitted or overlooked from the initial app. good luck!

thanks for your help..if anyone is willing to take a look at it please let me know.

anyone want to read it, just let me know...thanks =)