Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Appeal Letter Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Vpathak1, May 3, 2004.

1. Vpathak1

Vpathak1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi. Ok well I applied to Berkeley and I got rejected =(
    but many people have told me to write an appeal because this semester in Jr. College I really pushed myself hard. I took on 8 classes, 26 units, and have completed all of my lower division req. for the major of Economics. This site is filled with many many many smart people, and I was wondering if I could get some help from anybody out there.

I am about done with my rough copy of my appeal letter and was wondering if I could send it to anyone out there to give a read. It?s only a page long. The outline is simple..3 body paragraphs. Body 1: talks about me and school how I found myself..etc Body 2: talks about me and this semester and how it was hard with 26 units..8 classes..and I mentioned a little bit about my parents getting a divorce this year. Body 3: talks about why I need to transfer this semester, because i will just be wasting 1 year of my life, while I can be getting a head start on my education. If there are any nice folks out there that can help me out I would really really appreciate it! Just reply on this msg board, and I will send you my paper.

Thanks again!

Varun

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the appeal would be pretty useless, especially if you didn't get an interview (which you didn't mention). If you didn't get an interview, I really wouldn't bother, unfortunately.

As for your letter: Body paragraph 3 doesn't sound very good. Your reason for NEEDING to go to medical school this year should not be related to "not wasting a year of your life". Many medical schools think that this year can help you grow a lot as a person and can help you become a better applicant. Also, did you apply to many schools? Were you accepted anywhere? It sounds like you only applied to Berkley from your post, so I'm just wondering.

4. docmemi

docmemi 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

i think the poster is talking about transferring from a jc to ucberk for undergrad. right??

5. Vpathak1

Vpathak1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes i am talkin about transfering from a JC to Berkeley, can you help me out? I just want to make it the best.

Thanks so much

6. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy Wide awake and jittery
    5+ Year Member

What facted said still applies to ugrad... don't say you'll be wasting a year. Keep the letter positive. And you should probably add something about how Berkeley in particular will help you pursue your future goals. Good luck!

7. derf

derf Ohio Land
    7+ Year Member

hey, do the appeal. I think UCLA and berkeley reverse 2% of the appeals, so there's definitely incentive to appeal. What are you losing?? But under no circumstances do they reverse based on new academic performances or *new* things, only something that was "inadvertently" omitted or overlooked from the initial app. good luck!

8. Vpathak1

Vpathak1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for your help..if anyone is willing to take a look at it please let me know.

9. Vpathak1

Vpathak1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

anyone want to read it, just let me know...thanks =)