Mar 30, 2010
Status
Dentist
Has anyone had any success in appealing to Joint Commission to allow them to take Part II before waiting 1 yr? I took Part II 3 times and failed! I took Part II over the course of 3yrs.... so I am wondering if that makes a difference? technically I waited a year before taking it for the 3rd time. Just curious if it is worth a shot....

And if anyone did an appeal, what were your grounds? I know we all can argue financial hardship just trying to think of something else.

thanks for reading and I welecome any suggestions!

Aug 14, 2009
Status
Dental Student
Has anyone had any success in appealing to Joint Commission to allow them to take Part II before waiting 1 yr? I took Part II 3 times and failed! I took Part II over the course of 3yrs.... so I am wondering if that makes a difference? technically I waited a year before taking it for the 3rd time. Just curious if it is worth a shot....

And if anyone did an appeal, what were your grounds? I know we all can argue financial hardship just trying to think of something else.

thanks for reading and I welecome any suggestions!
i know of a few ppl in this site that have done it and were successful. but i also know they graduated from a US school and the school wrote a letter for them. good luck!

gte1974

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2007
Status
Dentist
is it not the waiting period of 3 times in a 12 month period? and then wait for 1 year? so if you did not take it in a long time i believe that the waiting is more to help you pass directly