• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Live4Life

10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Depends on the school. Tell us what school you want to appeal and maybe we will know whether it is possible with that school.

About the Ads

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
The only appeal I forsee, and this would be ****ty to do, is through a court-action based on unjust discrimination or something of that nature. There is only one committee at a school with the yays/nayers the same at every meeting (I believe). Appealing wouldn't do much. This is a subjective process. Simply "he didn't seem to fit" would disqualify you from getting in.

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I thought alwaysaangel successfully appealed a decision from UCI. I'm a bit too lazy to look up his/her MDApps to figure out exactly what happened.

ButImLETired

Prodigal member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
the hospital
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
UCSF pretty openly declares that it accepts appeals pre-interview and pre-secondary.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I thought alwaysaangel successfully appealed a decision from UCI. I'm a bit too lazy to look up his/her MDApps to figure out exactly what happened.
She got waitlisted and sent in an amazing LOI. And by amazing, I mean amazing.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.