Appleton and Lange Physiology Review USMLE step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saphenous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
just looked at the questions in lange's physiology review and am finding them challenging. is this an accurate gauge for usmle step 1 questions in physiology? or would I be better off doing other things to review physiology?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Saphenous

Members don't see this ad.

I heard A and L was a bit harder than the actual usmle ?'s. a good gauge would be to assess u're progress by taking an nbme exam. I suggest just reading the questions and answers and using A and L to learn. good luck :)

saphenous said:
Hi,
just looked at the questions in lange's physiology review and am finding them challenging. is this an accurate gauge for usmle step 1 questions in physiology? or would I be better off doing other things to review physiology?
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Saphenous

On the same note, can anybody give me their take on the Kaplan Physio Qbank (750 questions) vs. A & L Physio Question book?

I have both and have been doing both, but have noticed that some of the A/L Physio Q's are the exact same as in Kaplan Physio Notes, so I think my score might be a bit higher because I've seen a number of the questions before.