Applicant Data

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blinx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi! i'm doing a report for an english class and i need some info on applicants.

does anyone know where i can find data on the number of schools and average applicant applies to per application cycle?

also, what proportion of matriculants have a gpa less than 3.0?

thanks!

blinx

Members don't see this ad.

go to the www.amcas.com website, and hunt around... i know they published something a bit ago - it's like 12 i think isn't it?

kreno

really? for an english class? what sort of a paper is it? just curious..
oh and check out AMCAS/AAMC websites for applicant data/cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
go to your local public or collegiate library and check out the most recent version of the AAMC's Medical School Admission Requirements. it has the details on all the stuff you're looking for about all the US allopathic schools.

thanks for the responses

maple - this paper is going to talk about the 3 most common problems in the us medical school application process. i talked a bit about it here: Difficulties in Applying to Med School

i did look around the AAMC website but couldn't find anything.

also, i live in vancouver so our libraries don't have copies of the MSAR. if some one could just tell me the numbers i'd really appreciate it!

blinx

are you sure they don't have the MSAR in canada? i ask this because all the canadian medical schools are also listed in the book.