Applicant In Need Of Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenGrizz14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody, :)

I have a 3.95 gpa (3.98 science) and a 36O MCAT score after a retake in April (this was my second MCAT though my first I got a 28N in June 2009:(). My EC's are fairly strong and I was wondering what top 20's I might have a shot at. I'm a Michigan resident and this will be my second year of applying...the first time I interviewed at a few schools, but was told after getting rejected that my MCAT was to low for the MD program last cycle. I know some schools take the MCAT average and at any top school this would greatly hinder any possibility of me gaining acceptance. I was wondering if I really have a shot at any of the better programs or if schools in the top 20 just take the average of MCAT scores. If you are aware of a school in the top 20 that focuses on your most recent or highest MCAT I would appreciate you sharing this information since it would greatly aid me in determining where to apply this year. To be honest after getting rejected last year I'm just hoping to get accepted somewhere:xf:.

Members don't see this ad.