applicants, how much have you spent so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh_Gee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
let's see who wins.
so far, i have spent $5500
that includes 30 primaries, 29 secondaries (half are DO schools), the cost of travel for 2 interviews

Members don't see this ad.

Ask me in May; I only want to cry (and acknowledge it) once.

Reactions: 4 users
$6,393.20 for 60 primaries 52 secondaries not including the cost & expenses of any upcoming interviews.

(I reckon my upcoming interviews will probably cost me around ~$400 a school so that will rack up quite a bit too) (flights to the boonies are expensive XD)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
$6,393.20 for 60 primaries 52 secondaries not including the cost & expenses of any upcoming interviews.
.....WHY? Below-average stats or just classic SDN neuroticism?
Not an insult btw, my stats are meh.

Reactions: 1 user
.....WHY? Below-average stats are just classic SDN neuroticism?

I'd much rather kick myself in the foot for applying to too many schools and wasting a bit of money rather than having to bang my head against the wall for not applying to enough and wasting not only a lot of money but also a whole year of my life.

Also its still august. I might as well make the most of it.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd much rather kick myself in the foot for applying to too many schools and wasting a bit of money rather than having to bang my head against the wall for not applying to enough and wasting not only a lot of money but also a whole year of my life.

Also its still august. I might as well make the most of it.
Can you pm me your stats please? I'm curious to see how such a strategy works out.

could have applied to 1/4 as much and saved all that money. How do you even write quality essays for 52 secondaries?!

Reactions: 1 users
If I had the money, I'd honestly apply to 60 schools. Alas, I must make do with 14.

I could do 2-3 secondaries a day easily. Perks of having creative writing as one of my majors.

could have applied to 1/4 as much and saved all that money. How do you even write quality essays for 52 secondaries?!

ctrl+c, ctrl+v

also still writing the other 8 secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna guess that the dude applying to 60 schools probably isn't really able to commiserate with an OK GPA from a top school, 37 MCAT app :p

decent gpa from a top 20 undergrad, but well lets say its not quite a 37 mcat.

Also I didnt apply to 60 schools from the start, I just kept finishing my secondaries then applying to more primaries as I felt that I might as well make the most of august/secondary season.

Re: How much have you spent?
--> enough to make me want to put my credit card through a shredder

Re: 60 schools
--> _____

let's see who wins.
so far, i have spent $5500
that includes 30 primaries, 29 secondaries (half are DO schools), the cost of travel for 2 interviews

$6073 for 47 primaries, 43 secondaries, and 3 interviews (so far). Unbalanced stats with good MCAT and postbac grades, horrible undergrad grades. Like Spector1, I would rather pay/waste a bit extra and apply to more places now than to waste a year to reapply. I'm an older nontrad so every year counts :p

TMDSAS: $140
Secondary:$110
Travel:$85 hotel,maybe $50 or so gas

I've had two interviews so far, but the next two I will have to fly/stay overnight so I guess that might add up really quick too.

About $2,500 in application fees and $70,000 in bribes

Reactions: 8 users
Re: How much have you spent?
--> enough to make me want to put my credit card through a shredder

Re: 60 schools
--> _____
I didn't notice you added more to your signature! lol perfect description

Primary: ~$900 to apply to 40 schools.
Secondary: ~$100!! (Why Tulane!! I'm broke!! + some other school I can't remember)

FAP FTW!!

I haven't actually added up the number, and I really don't think I want to know.

This is probably fiscally irresponsible but I refuse to total and calculate the cost until the end. I don't want to find out how broke I am until it's over. :) All I remember is probably around 2-3k for primaries. Lost track of secondaries because I'm just punching in my credit card number. hehe..

This is the worst question ever. I transferred quite a bit of money from my savings account to my checking account and have not calculated the full cost. Once I'm finished with all of my secondaries (1 left!) and have a few weeks to relax, I'll calculate the damage.

I'm jelly that y'all are applying :arghh: gotta wait till next year..
Best of luck!!!

3200 dollas on primaries and secondaries - 21 schools total

Last edited by a moderator:
Fap is a God send. 15 schools that they gave. Saving for interviews and clothes.

~$400 25 secondaries completed. Thank god for FAP

I would save I've spent around 3k on Primaries+Secondaries for 20 odd schools. 100 bucks for a suit. and 350 on travel for my two IIs so far. So 3450 for now and more depending on what interviews I get going forward. Lol at least there's student housing in the places I've received IIs at so far.

Primaries: $937 (22 schools)
Secondaries: $2,198 (22 schools)
Interview expenses (so far): $818

Total (so far): $3,953
Total left in my bank account after paying off these charges tomorrow: $29.79. Not even kidding.

almost $2,000 for primaries and secondaries, another $900 for one interview across the country