Applicants of University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemistI

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to UF last year, took the PCAT in October and January and still haven't recieved anything from them. I got 74 and 83 repectively. I call their admission department and they pretty much told me to stop calling in reference to my application.

Is there anyone in the same boat as I am in. I applied to 3 schools. UF, Nova and Palm Beach Atlantic. I already got rejected from the latter 2 and am waiting for UF's decision. Do they usually take a long time to send rejection letters or do they take a long time dealing with candidates they'll consider for admission?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey i am in the same boat!!!
everyone i know is having interviews and stuff and i havent heard anything....
i am waitlisted at PBA and havent heard from nova yet either.....
i think PBA and Nova are eaier to get into than UF...so im not holding my breath

I haven't heard anything either...nothing at all...I'm a little nervous too. My application was strong in some areas, but my gpa was avg. and I've never worked in a pharmacy, so I have no idea what to expect!

Good luck to you! :luck: I'm sure we'll hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i am in the same boat!!!
everyone i know is having interviews and stuff and i havent heard anything....
i am waitlisted at PBA and havent heard from nova yet either.....
i think PBA and Nova are eaier to get into than UF...so im not holding my breath

hey gatorpharmer & Lep123, if you don't mind me asking, what's your GPA and PCAT Score ?

thanks

I also have not heard anything from UF. I only applied to two schools: UF and Buffalo. I am on the hold list at Buffalo, so I am waiting on UF as well. I don't expect to hear from Buffalo until their classes are full.

I recieved my rejection letter from UF about 2-3 weeks ago. :mad:

Hey akamplace, did u interview then get the rejection letter or did they just send u the rejection letter?

hey gatorpharmer & Lep123, if you don't mind me asking, what's your GPA and PCAT Score ?

thanks

PCAT is 89, GPA is 3.4 overall, I think it's closer to a 3.5 for UF's requirements. I have no pharmacy experience at all, but I've got a lot of leadership experience and volunteer work (2+ years in a hospital working with pediatric oncology patients, hearing about the drugs they take is what made me interested in pharmacy).

I think I've got a shot, but who knows...

I still haven't heard anything from UF...I've pretty much given up on them. I have an 85 PCAT and 3.8 GPA. I don't have any pharmacy experience though, and by the sounds of it most of the people posting on this thread don't either--perhaps that plays a big role in being accepted? They still have the last round of interviews on April 20, but I've already decided to go to Purdue now--you'd think they would want to let people know (in case they do want us all) before we all start signing up with other schools and making housing arrangements, etc.
Personally I've now paid deposits for 2 schools so I'm done wasting money, even if UF accepts me. I don't like being strung along without a single letter since I applied.
Sorry if I sound at all bitter. I didn't like how impersonal UF was when I applied there for undergrad, so I didn't go. Applied again because I used to be a FL resident so a lot of my high school friends go there. I never got a very good impression of the school, but I know the pharmacy school is really good. I just feel like at UF, you are simply a number. To all of you who got into Nova--I'd personally rather go there (I used to live in Plantation, FL) even though its a lot more money.

About how long after the interview, do u receive an acceptance or rejection letter?:confused:

About how long after the interview, do u receive an acceptance or rejection letter?:confused:

Orlando Interviewees it took about 1 week 2 days

Gainesville Interviewees only took like 3-5 days

If you interviewed in Jacksonville on Friday I would expect you to get your letter this week, but that is solely speculation.

I will be attending the Orlando campus in the Fall

FYI: I got my interview invite in the mail yesterday(Mon, April 3) for April 20 at Gainesville campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
shrubh - If you were a Florida resident, you would have been asked for an interview. They have to take the qualified people from in-state first, since they are a state school.

The pharmacy school is very personal. The faculty like to get to know their students. They do a lot for us.

hey guys, i read some of your posts and i thought this might help you..
I applied to about 11 schools from which three are here in florida. I have been already accepted to nova (west palm beach, fl) and LECOM (Brandent,fl). I have interview w/ uf (orlando campus) next friday, to be honest I was surprised to find out that i have been invited for an interview. Knowing that my pcat score SUCKS and all i have is AA degree from a community college. I have strong gpa (overall and math science) and also i have almost 2 yrs of experience in a retail pharmacy. but i dont have any leadership experience and not so much of volunteer work.
If any of you guys already had interview w/ uf i would greatly appreciat your tips or anything you have to say abt their interview.

thanks

Hi folks,
i got interview call from UF. If there is someone who took the interview already, please tell us what they ask in the interview and what are they looking for in the applicant.. This is my first time. I hv applied to NOVA too but i guess i m on their waiting list as i havnt heard from them. My pcat was 66 and gpa is 3.9, with no pharmacy experience and only store clerk work experience. Please, any information will be helpful to me. I dont want to lose this opportunity.
Also if anyone is going to UF gainesville, on apr. 18 or 19 from miami, maybe we can rideshare.
Thank You all
skyfire

you wont get any insider information on UF's interview. those who have already interviewed signed a form that restricts them from discussing their interview in any way, including on message boards. good luck.

i've applied to UF and PBA and i haven't a thing yet!!! i'm out-of-state. when did everyone get their letters for interviews, and etc....
i'm getting kinda worried!!:scared:

I got my interview invite for UF April 2nd for the Gainesville Campus interview on April 20th.

Hey 2004gator and everyone else,
Gator, would you be willing to share with us how u r preparing for the interview. I have interview at apr 20 too at Gainesville and i m very nervous about it. This is my first time for an admission interview and i don't know what to expect. I don't even have a clue what kind of questions they are going to ask me or what are they looking for in the applicants...
So any ideas are welcome. Also are you guys who got the interview call feeling the same way or its just me..LOL..
Take care everybody and goodluck with the interview.
sky

Just prepare for it as you would any school. UF, unlike many schools, don't interview unless they are sincerely interested in you. Odds in your favor if you're invited. Understandably, the downside of public university is you're just a number.

Other schools.. bleh! I have this theory that they just want to drive the economy and make you needlessly pay for flight tickets/hotels/car under the guise of getting the "best" candidate.

I still haven't heard from UF. For those of you who got an interview request or letter of denial, when did you guys apply?

i applied like last minute, bc i was waiting on a tarnscript to be sent to PharmCAS. i just had my interview yesterday. they may be interviewing a few more off the alternative list, but i know they may not be conducting anymore large scale interviews after yesterday :(

i applied like last minute, bc i was waiting on a tarnscript to be sent to PharmCAS. i just had my interview yesterday. they may be interviewing a few more off the alternative list, but i know they may not be conducting anymore large scale interviews after yesterday :(

string, what was your GPA and PCAT Score?

hi everyone, i just received my acceptance letter today from UF.. i am so excited.. anyone else who is going to attend UF orlando campus this fall ?

Congrats everyone who has been accepted so far. I'll be joining you guys at the Orlando campus this fall.......:D