Applicants seriously considering Ross and St. Georges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsdoit

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two waitlists, one more interview (Rosalind in May!) one post interview decision still pending and one acceptance in Ross University. While I have heard of cases in which people get accepted from waitlists, given the fact that it is late in April, I am starting to consider going to Ross as a serious option. I mean their stats are good, what some 88 to 90 % of students going to Ross end up getting residencies or something like that. I was wondering how many other applicants of the 2006 cycle (starting fall 2006) are in a similar predicament and are considering Ross and St. Georges as a serious option. Thanks for letting me and everybody know your ideas on this.

letsdoit.

Members don't see this ad.

I have never considered the caribbeans and I think you should wait it out, here's why: you will have a harder time getting into many residencies outside of primary care, and you will a larger chance of getting into residency at undesirable places if you go carribean. Since you already got quite a few allo interviews, it stands to reason you are borderline (like really, really borderline). I suggest you wait it out until after may 15th because that is when the wailist line will move. Until then, a lot of people will hold onto their spots. Once we get past mid may, you will see movement in the waitlist and perhaps get in. Don't give up hope, and you want to do everything you can to stay in the US if you want to practice in this country. Also, how old are you? If you are still young, you might think about waiting out a year and reapply. People who are borderline may stand a better chance the second time when they have most 'stuff' under the belt and dedication by waiting it out. Good luck.