Applicants that were denied for the 2008 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2BAdentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that were denied entry into the 2008 cycle, is anyone taking a year off and re-applying for the 2010 cycle? If so, what have you been doing (re-taking DAT or classes etc) to improve your application for the 2010 cycle? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm doing the same exact thing. I took my DAT almost 2 years ago (gosh it's been so long!), and honestly I didn't take it seriously enough (AA 15). I only studied for about two months after I graduated from college, and it wasn't enough. I was also working full-time, which made it difficult. Currently, I've been studying the Kaplan book, referencing some old text books (gen chem, o-chem, and bio), as well as using various sites on the internet to help me with studying. On average, I get about 3-6 hours a day of studying done. I've been spending a lot of time on the survey of natural sciences, for I feel this is the area I need a lot of work in. I've also purchased DAT Achiever, but I'm putting that off until I feel that I'll have sufficient time for once I finish going through the SNS. I would like to take my DAT in a few months, but I 'm going to wait until I know that I'm fully prepared, because I only want to have to take it one more time. As far as applying goes, I applied to 10 schools, which are all participants in the WICHIE program, since I'm from AZ. I got turned down from most of them, and didn't even hear anything from the others. So, my primary focus right now is to get a killer score, and reapply this coming May. Hope that helps, and I wish the best!
icon10.gif

"Nothing comes easy...and if it did, it wasn't earned."

I feel you. It is really very fierce out there. You just have to find a way to survive. Good luck to all of us :) !

Hello,

I'm doing the same exact thing. I took my DAT almost 2 years ago (gosh it's been so long!), and honestly I didn't take it seriously enough (AA 15). I only studied for about two months after I graduated from college, and it wasn't enough. I was also working full-time, which made it difficult. Currently, I've been studying the Kaplan book, referencing some old text books (gen chem, o-chem, and bio), as well as using various sites on the internet to help me with studying. On average, I get about 3-6 hours a day of studying done. I've been spending a lot of time on the survey of natural sciences, for I feel this is the area I need a lot of work in. I've also purchased DAT Achiever, but I'm putting that off until I feel that I'll have sufficient time for once I finish going through the SNS. I would like to take my DAT in a few months, but I 'm going to wait until I know that I'm fully prepared, because I only want to have to take it one more time. As far as applying goes, I applied to 10 schools, which are all participants in the WICHIE program, since I'm from AZ. I got turned down from most of them, and didn't even hear anything from the others. So, my primary focus right now is to get a killer score, and reapply this coming May. Hope that helps, and I wish the best!
icon10.gif

"Nothing comes easy...and if it did, it wasn't earned."

Last edited:
I got denied 2008 cycle....but instead of taking two years off I reapplied this cycle and have five interviews...right after I applied 2008 I kept continuing to improve myself as an applicant even when I was still being considered for the 2008 cycle...figure can't hurt myself with extra community service/classes/work experience....in the end it was only helping me.