varunner

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
116
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone knows how long it takes AMCAS to process the primary application once its submitted to them. My transcript has already been recieved and I submitted the application a few days ago. I've heard stories that it can take up to 6 weeks? Thanks for the help!!
 

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
316
1
34
Status
Medical Student
3-5 weeks is my guess. EDP, maybe 1-2 weeks. (All speculative.)
 
OP
V

varunner

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
116
0
Status
Pre-Medical
str8flexed said:
3-5 weeks is my guess. EDP, maybe 1-2 weeks. (All speculative.)
Got it. Is it 3-5 weeks then before I should expect to start getting secondaries? Or is it 3-5 weeks before my application will be verified by AMCAS (right now, it says "application submitted - ready for review"). Thanks!
 

Shejeboshease

Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
351
0
Status
varunner said:
Got it. Is it 3-5 weeks then before I should expect to start getting secondaries? Or is it 3-5 weeks before my application will be verified by AMCAS (right now, it says "application submitted - ready for review"). Thanks!
well, i submitted my appliation on the July 1st; it hasn't been verfied yet.
 
OP
V

varunner

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
116
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Shejeboshease said:
well, i submitted my appliation on the July 1st; it hasn't been verfied yet.
Once you get verified, will schools immediately send out secondaries or is there another 2-6 week wait time? Hopefully I don't have to wait until September to get my secondaries!
 

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
2,510
4
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There is a running list in the thread "April MCATers submit AMCAS Yet?" We have a huge group of people in there with dates submitted, when verified, etc.
 
OP
V

varunner

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
116
0
Status
Pre-Medical
jackieMD2007 said:
There is a running list in the thread "April MCATers submit AMCAS Yet?" We have a huge group of people in there with dates submitted, when verified, etc.
Just checked out that thread; thanks!