Applicatin Processing Time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

varunner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone knows how long it takes AMCAS to process the primary application once its submitted to them. My transcript has already been recieved and I submitted the application a few days ago. I've heard stories that it can take up to 6 weeks? Thanks for the help!!

Members don't see this ad.

3-5 weeks is my guess. EDP, maybe 1-2 weeks. (All speculative.)

str8flexed said:
3-5 weeks is my guess. EDP, maybe 1-2 weeks. (All speculative.)
Got it. Is it 3-5 weeks then before I should expect to start getting secondaries? Or is it 3-5 weeks before my application will be verified by AMCAS (right now, it says "application submitted - ready for review"). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
varunner said:
Got it. Is it 3-5 weeks then before I should expect to start getting secondaries? Or is it 3-5 weeks before my application will be verified by AMCAS (right now, it says "application submitted - ready for review"). Thanks!

well, i submitted my appliation on the July 1st; it hasn't been verfied yet.

Shejeboshease said:
well, i submitted my appliation on the July 1st; it hasn't been verfied yet.
Once you get verified, will schools immediately send out secondaries or is there another 2-6 week wait time? Hopefully I don't have to wait until September to get my secondaries!

There is a running list in the thread "April MCATers submit AMCAS Yet?" We have a huge group of people in there with dates submitted, when verified, etc.

jackieMD2007 said:
There is a running list in the thread "April MCATers submit AMCAS Yet?" We have a huge group of people in there with dates submitted, when verified, etc.

Just checked out that thread; thanks!