application (AMCAS) timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Henderson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question regarding the submission of the AMCAS
application. When people say it is important to get the
application in as soon as possible, what does that really mean?
Is July too late? I know the techinal cut-off is usually in
Novemeber. However, at what point does it become risky in terms
of the whole rolling admissions thing. I assume most people have
theirs in by the first week of June, is this true? Thanks.
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

It varies, but July is not too late. I recommend getting it in
before August, but the earlier the better. ALWAYS check with
each individual school!
Jim Henderson, MD of medicalstudent.net

Members don't see this ad :)
Jim Henderson, MD of The Student Doctor Network
http://www.studentdoctor.net

Jim Henderson, MD of The Student Doctor Network
http://www.studentdoctor.net

Wait, so 2 people with the same signature, similar join date, 10+ years on SDN and 600 combined posts both posted in the exact same MINUTE, one asking a question and one answering it near-instantaneously...whyyyy? :confused:

It doesn't seem to have a purpose, it's not inflammatory, and it's not trolling...it's just...strange. Much of confuse, say mehc012, as a confuse and not understand.

Holy revival of a 13 year-old thread!

I hate when that happens...Obama...

I don't even see a post by Obama...just someone replying to the very odd Henderson posts with a quote from Obama...13 years late. Waaat? :confused:

Wait, so 2 people with the same signature, similar join date, 10+ years on SDN and 600 combined posts both posted in the exact same MINUTE, one asking a question and one answering it near-instantaneously...whyyyy? :confused:

It doesn't seem to have a purpose, it's not inflammatory, and it's not trolling...it's just...strange. Much of confuse, say mehc012, as a confuse and not understand.

I don't even see a post by Obama...just someone replying to the very odd Henderson posts with a quote from Obama...13 years late. Waaat? :confused:

What's even worse? I know a Dr. Jim Henderson. W. T. F!? That's the only reason I clicked on this thread. *creeped out!*