Application Certified - On The Day It Was Submitted???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the new string of bugs that seem to be eating away at this years application process, my AMCAS printed application now shows that I submitted on 6/23/01 and the "date certified" area states that my application was submitted on ... 6/23/01???

I think that the application bugs are starting to breed.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•Just to add to the new string of bugs that seem to be eating away at this years application process, my AMCAS printed application now shows that I submitted on 6/23/01 and the "date certified" area states that my application was submitted on ... 6/23/01???

I think that the application bugs are starting to breed.•

Yeah I thought the same thing. Mine had N/A listed for 'date certified' for a long time, until today. Now it says 06/29 was my date certified.

Thats also the same time I submitted. I dont understand what 'date certified' means anyway. Probably nothing. I was going to email AMCAS and ask, but they havent been responding to any of my emails for the last few weeks so I'm not going to waste the effort.

Certification means when you electronically 'sign' it and send it off. Thus, these two dates would be the same.

Originally posted by baylor21:

Yeah I thought the same thing. Mine had N/A listed for 'date certified' for a long time, until today. Now it says 06/29 was my date certified.

Thats also the same time I submitted. I dont understand what 'date certified' means anyway. Probably nothing. I was going to email AMCAS and ask, but they havent been responding to any of my emails for the last few weeks so I'm not going to waste the effort.•

Members don't see this ad :)
this is my 2 cents...

I agree with ajr...

I think date submitted is when you hit the submit button :D

and date certified is when they "supposedly can access all the info" and have also "been paid" that is ur credit card has been charged....

so theoretically with all the bugs, u could have submitted it on one day, but the credit card didnt get cleared until another day and then when it was it becomes officially "certified" and eligible for review to get "processed"

that is my 2 cents......not sure, didnt contact amcas so dont quote me....

also, I would imagine that most pple got their certification and submission on teh same day...... :D

maybe, the pple who originally submitted and had credit card problems (remember the initial bug, the card wouldnt go through) so maybe for them the "certification" date is a little bit later? :confused:

who knows, just be happy someone is alive and working on it....I think :D

Originally posted by ajr:
•Certification means when you electronically 'sign' it and send it off. Thus, these two dates would be the same.

Originally posted by baylor21:
[qb]

Thats also the same time I submitted. I dont understand what 'date certified' means anyway. Probably nothing. I was going to email AMCAS and ask, but they havent been responding to any of my emails for the last few weeks so I'm not going to waste the effort.•
[/QB]

Yeah I guess you are right ajr. It jsut seems redundant to me to list 2 dates for exactly the same event.

What happened to the online status check? I hope they get it going soon, I'm tired of waisting money waiting on the phone just to get cut off.

There is absolutely no reason why AMCAS shouldnt have an 800 number. Its not taht expensive, they could easily afford it with the revenues they have.

If I ever get in, I'm going to write a long, angry letter to them. I'm tempted to do it now, but then they might conveniently 'lose' my app.

Originally posted by MoeDaMan:
•this is my 2 cents...

I agree with ajr...

I think date submitted is when you hit the submit button :D

and date certified is when they "supposedly can access all the info" and have also "been paid" that is ur credit card has been charged....

so theoretically with all the bugs, u could have submitted it on one day, but the credit card didnt get cleared until another day and then when it was it becomes officially "certified" and eligible for review to get "processed"

that is my 2 cents......not sure, didnt contact amcas so dont quote me....

also, I would imagine that most pple got their certification and submission on teh same day...... :D

maybe, the pple who originally submitted and had credit card problems (remember the initial bug, the card wouldnt go through) so maybe for them the "certification" date is a little bit later? :confused:

who knows, just be happy someone is alive and working on it....I think :D

Thats what I thought too, Moe, but I submitted mine at approx. 10 PM on 6/29. I doubt anybody at AMCAS was around during that time of night to check my submittal and do the credit card stuff.

Oh well, I will bide my time with AMCAS for now, say my 'thank you sirs' and 'yes ma'ms' just to get through this mess.

Just to make sure, I checked my (very) old application - the one from the old paper and typewriter days, and right where I signed and dated it it says 'Certification Statement'. Wow, had I gotten in for the year I applied, I'd have graduated a couple months ago. :mad:

Andrew

Where do you guys get these dates? I haven't found them, and wanted to check on mine as well. Thanks.

I went back and found it myself, but thanks anyway. :)