Application Confirmation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainbowTVP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did everyone get confirmation that the application was complete from all schools?

I am a little nervous, because I got confirmation from two schools (UWash & UMichigan) but not from Pitt or URochester.

I emailed them, but there hasn't been time for them to email me back yet. I am hoping some schools just don't send out confirmation.

Applying to only 4 schools, I am worried about having anything incomplete!

Tara P

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools do, some schools don't. It is perfectly acceptable to e-mail or call the administrative personnel a couple of weeks after the deadline to confirm receipt of all materials, if they don't have an online status section available for your application. Keep in mind they've been inundated with materials, especially right around the deadline, so most likely that is the explanation.

I haven't gotten a confirmation from very many places, maybe actually none. I've checked some of the websites, through, and that helps, but nothing else besides that (not like a formal letter or anything). I did use confirmation when sending all my supplementary materials, so I know that everything has arrived.

I'm also applying to Pitt, and they do post all the applications that have been completed. Check with the psychology homepage - then graduate - and then something like "application status."

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
joetro said:
I haven't gotten a confirmation from very many places, maybe actually none. I've checked some of the websites, through, and that helps, but nothing else besides that (not like a formal letter or anything). I did use confirmation when sending all my supplementary materials, so I know that everything has arrived.

I'm also applying to Pitt, and they do post all the applications that have been completed. Check with the psychology homepage - then graduate - and then something like "application status."

Good luck.
they are usually pretty good about telling you. it takes about 2 weeks usually, at least in my experience this year.

OMGosh! Thank you so MUCH for that info! I don't know how I missed that before- I had looked around the website. I'm on there! Is that JMT you joetro? I am pretty obviously the tvp! I feel relieved now.

542 completed applications! I applied for the clinical/developmental.

Tara P

Yes, Tara, that's me. Glad you found yours completed. I think those applications are for every single program, so not just clinical or clinical/developmental.

Good luck.

some schools give you the option of including a self addressed/stamped post card- getting this postcard back alleviated a lot of stress. But, mostly, I too have relied on the information that schools make available online.