MD .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

igfdiufghpli

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A school list will help, but why do you have doubts that any Texas school can't get you into a competitive residency of your choice?

What is your mission fit with the schools at least in Texas? As a reapplicant, where did you think you fell short? Where were your interviews and last list?

Please be honest with your actual mcat score. We can take 50x if you are really worried but note your details determine our ability to provide helpful advice.

Reactions: 1 users
I can provide a list when you get your official score back. Everything else looks good with your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
@chilly_md Understood thank you! I will definitely apply to the texas MD schools so I'll start prepping my personal statement, primary app, and texas secondaries in the meantime. I get my MCAT score in 24 days
That will be plenty to do over the next 24 days. You will have all of May then to look at OOS schools. Most assume you will stay IS due to the tuition difference, so we usually provide around 10 schools that you are both competitive for and realistically think they can compete against the lower tuition of TX schools (either with financial aid or the schools' own views of their prestige).

I have lots of experience working with patients rurally in Texas which is my mission fit. I also have been working in research for over 1 year now and find that work interesting so it also plays a part in where I would fit in medical school.
Not that many applicants want to do rural medicine, so I don't know about how you communicated this across all essays. If you got no IIs, it's definitely something there. Did to grow up in a rural area in Texas?

How are you getting improved letters?

Outside of TMDSAS, you could try:

Tulane
TCU
Emory
Mayo
Miami
University of Chicago
Kaiser

Sounds like you would be a great fit for schools like Texas Tech and TAMU. Be sure and write about your mission... med school is NOT just about numbers so much anymore. Curate a story that fits your mission and convey it as best as possible to the admissions committee.

Outside of TMDSAS, you could try:

Tulane
TCU
Emory
Mayo
Miami
University of Chicago
Kaiser
I am sort of in the same boat as OP. But, I do not want to hijack his thread. Do these schools tend to give scholarships to out of state candidates? Are there other MD schools that are Texas Friendly?

I am sort of in the same boat as OP. But, I do not want to hijack his thread. Do these schools tend to give scholarships to out of state candidates? Are there other MD schools that are Texas Friendly?
Kaiser is free (though this upcoming cycle may b the last for that). Mayo is known for good financial aid (as long as the students show strong interest and will commit there) and applicants have reported getting scholarships from Miami.

Reactions: 1 user