Application deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TC714

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a couple questions concerning about applying for pharmacy school as followed:

1. Say, if the deadline for a school X is Jan/01/04..Does that mean you have to fill out the pharmCAS application by the stated date above? Or you are supposed to turn in 1, 2 months before that date?
2. I don't have a BS degree. When should I apply? 1 year before all pre-pharm classes done? or 1 semester before the pre-pharmacy classes done? Or just finish all of them and then apply?
3. Some school requires Interpersonal Speech, other requires Public speaking...Which one should I take? ..

Thanks for any clarification in advanced future.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey again TC,

You need to be a lot more specific though. How many classes do you still need to take? If it's like the next two years of your undergrad, then you shouldn't apply for a while. Are you going to finish your B.S? Unless, you're really bad a$% I'd be planning on finishing your BS, which means you apply the year before you graduate. If the deadline is in January you should've applied in October. No joke. This isn't absolute, I applied right before all of my deadlines, but I had my BS and a pretty strong cv. I got into ucsf, but was rejected from ucsd, maybe it'd be different if I applied earlier. Don't be the one who doesn't get in bc you applied after half of the slots had already been filled. That just sucks. Compete for all 188 slots at SC, no the fifty that are left by the end fo the cycle.

i got several followup questions.

1. When did you turn in apps to UCSF, USC, UCSD?

2. Did you use premedical committee letter of rec for any of the university?

Apply ASAP. when i applied(really early), i got a response in 2week. So, apply early. If you have taken at least 1 semester of organic chemistry then you should consider applying(if accepted, it will be a conditional acceptance). Most important requirement is organic!, a C in organic is not bad at all as long as your other requirements are solid.