Application deadlines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating adding 1-2 more programs; however, I went on one of the program's website and it says application deadline is 10/1. Does this mean I should not consider applying there at this point? I'm just curious, because I don't want to throw $25 towards an app that won't even be considered. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm contemplating adding 1-2 more programs; however, I went on one of the program's website and it says application deadline is 10/1. Does this mean I should not consider applying there at this point? I'm just curious, because I don't want to throw $25 towards an app that won't even be considered. Thanks!

Are you asking if the program's web site is out of date, or if they're just flat out lying and posting inaccurate information? If the web site says the deadline is 10/1, the deadline is 10/1. Even if you think they post that information just for kicks, or because they like to mess with applicants, SDN is probably the worst place to collect data to inform your next course of action. Just call up the program coordinator and ask.

-AT.

Are you asking if the program's web site is out of date, or if they're just flat out lying and posting inaccurate information? If the web site says the deadline is 10/1, the deadline is 10/1. Even if you think they post that information just for kicks, or because they like to mess with applicants, SDN is probably the worst place to collect data to inform your next course of action. Just call up the program coordinator and ask.

-AT.

No, I was not implying it was a lie or to "mess" with applicants.
I just thought, 10/1 was rather early, and if there have been incidences where programs considered applications after 10/1. Obviously, I could contact the program, but with this being a weekend, I highly doubt I could until Monday - so hence I wanted a reply from someone with experience in this before Monday. Thanks

No, I was not implying it was a lie or to "mess" with applicants.
I just thought, 10/1 was rather early, and if there have been incidences where programs considered applications after 10/1. Obviously, I could contact the program, but with this being a weekend, I highly doubt I could until Monday - so hence I wanted a reply from someone with experience in this before Monday. Thanks

Agreed, a 10/1 deadline seem kinda early. That's only 30 days from the time ERAS submission opened :eek: Then again there is a glut of applicants so much so that programs can have a 7-day deadline and still get way more applicants than available spots.