Application dreams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doinmybest5840

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any dreams about the whole application process?

Embarrassingly enough, I have. Last night I had a dream I was rejected from Columbia, a school I didn't even apply to. How sad is that? It's like they sent a letter to say "Thanks for not applying, because if you did, we would have rejected you." I am lame.

Members don't see this ad.

No, but I've had many daydreams about applying... I don't know if that's worse because it's slightly under my control =p I've daydreamed about getting into my #1 choice and calling my parents and my eyes start welling up... then I have to smack myself because I'm setting myself up for disappointment!

Members don't see this ad :)
i took the MCAT in may and while i was waiting for the scores to come back i filled out my AMCAS and got my LORs ready. Everything was set for me to apply.

One night I had a dream that I got a 26 on the MCAT and that there was no way I could retake this year. Then, I came to the realization that I couldn't apply because my score was low. I woke up and I was on the verge of tears.

It took me a while to figure out that it was just a dream.

i took the MCAT in may and while i was waiting for the scores to come back i filled out my AMCAS and got my LORs ready. Everything was set for me to apply.

One night I had a dream that I got a 26 on the MCAT and that there was no way I could retake this year. Then, I came to the realization that I couldn't apply because my score was low. I woke up and I was on the verge of tears.

It took me a while to figure out that it was just a dream.
:cry: I wish there was a ::hug:: smiley for instances like these.

LOL. That's funny, but I really can't laugh. Last cycle I had a dream that I got accepted to a school that i had indeed applied to. I thought it was a "good sign". Turns out I got flat out rejected. Take it from me, dreams don't mean ANYTHING in this process, except that we've probably been obsessing about it all too much haha.

About a month ago I randomly had a dream that I got an acceptance letter from Prtizker and I was running around downtown Chicago in glee, on my cell phone, calling my family to tell them the great news.

Still haven't heard back yet, but I'd bet good money it'll be a rejection letter.