Application fee by Mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balldan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, how are you all sending in your Supplemental Application fee (checks and money orders) via mail? Does regular First class mail suffice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Application fee for what?

Residency application fees are paid online on ADEA PASS, but if you are sending money to a university that does not accept online payment, I just sent it in the regular mail, not first class. Unless you are in a rush of some sort I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, how are you all sending in you Application fee (checks and money orders) via mail? Does regular First class mail suffice?

I just sent the supplemental application fees in a priority mail USPS envelope ($8) because it allowed for tracking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Application fee for what?

Residency application fees are paid online on ADEA PASS, but if you are sending money to a university that does not accept online payment, I just sent it in the regular mail, not first class. Unless you are in a rush of some sort I guess.
Some programs require application fee on top of the ADEA PASS fee :shrug:

I just sent the supplemental application fees in a priority mail USPS envelope ($8) because it allowed for tracking.
Sounds good, better safe than sorry!

Most of the fees are 50-100$. personally I'm too cheap to pay 8$ more for tracking 😅
OH FOR SURE. I am also very cheap, but I only had two schools that required a supplemental and so I forked over the $16.

I sent bunch of supplemental fees last year via priority Express usps and literally 3/5 got lost... this year I'm prob using ups or FedEx

Also for programs only asking for a 2x2 photo but dont specify if they want it mailed or not, is it ok to upload it onto PASS rather than mailing it?

Also for programs only asking for a 2x2 photo but dont specify if they want it mailed or not, is it ok to upload it onto PASS rather than mailing it?
I'd do both. I've heard some programs use the print out 2x2 and put in on the front of your app.

also make sure the picture is great! big old smile, hair combed and nice collar showing