Application GPA help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

X

I am try to fill out the AMCAS application. I know you were able to do this before: add the bio based psych courses in your BPCM gpa.

I have a few classes that were basically bio classes under the psych department. How do I add those to the BPCM GPA?

thanks

X

Members don't see this ad.

classify them as biology from the drop down menu. they will now be in your bcpm gpa. if amcas disagrees during verification, they will change them to psych.

Either way you're gonna get screwed out of them. That happened to me and you have to classify them EXACTLy as it's on your transcript. SO i took a bunch of biopsych classes, but they were all PSYC 246 and so on- and when i classified them as BCMP, AMCAS declassified them and they counted as non-sci. Just FYI- it's not worth the hassle to try to get them to count the classes if they aren't listed as Bio. --Trek

well, i just looked at my app, and amcas verified my psych stats course as a math course. they did not put it back into the psych category. thank goodness, because it was a pure math course! so anyway, i'd give putting a psych class under bio a shot if it truly was a bio course.
the only classes they changed were classes i considered policy that they considered health sciences.