Application photos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chieka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not have any decent recent photos of myself; Jostens (warning!) screwed up my order and I have yet to receive my graduation photos.

I do have scanned images that I can print from my computer - how unadvisable is using this for to meet the photo requirement on the secondary applications?

I guess I could always go get passport photos done ...

Also, I was a bonehead :rolleyes: and did not include a photo for the Wayne State secondary, which I sent last week. Should I just send the photo, separately with a little note so they can match the picture with my secondary app?

Thanks,

C.

Members don't see this ad.

I did the passport photo. It worked well.

I'd send in the photo to Wayne State with your SS#/AMCAS ID.

just get passport photos and make multiple copies... i would just stay cheap... this process is expensive enough!!! as for your ws app... just call the adm office and let them know you will be sending the picture separately (with your name and soc. of course). 'hope this helps and good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
here's a really cheap way to do it. get someone to take your picture with a digital cam. put the jpeg file on a 3.5" floppy, and go to a grocery store or photo store that has one of those self-serve kodak photo-printing machine things. you can pop the disk in, select the appropriate picture size, and print out several sheets of your pictures. the people in the photo center wil even cut them to size for you. i got 18 pictures for only $6, and they looked much better than any passport photo i've ever gotten.

I'll go to kinkos/grocery store and see how much it'll cost to make multiple copies, or i can use my digital cam and take one

Thanks for the tips

it's no big deal - any head shot that is approx passport size should suffice. i asked at one of my interviews (since i had forgotten to send one in ahead of time), and the secratary said they get all kinds of photos.

here's something u could do....

1. take your scanned images, create a ms word file w/ 16 squares, then paste a copy of the image into each square. then take it to kinkos to be printed on phot paper.

2. if u want photo-quality prints, got to photoshop and crop your picture so they're 2x2 inches. (resize to 1.9x1.9). then, create a new document that's 4x6 inches. paste the 1.9x1.9 picture into the 4x6 file so you have 6 copies of the picture on the 4x6 inch file. save it and bring it to walmart have have them print it out for 29 cents/4x6 sheet and u have 6 copies of 1.9x1.9 photos w/ a thin white border to let u know where to cut. they use fuji archival paper, which feels excatly like regular photos. it's 10 times better than inkjet prints cuz they use dye-sublimation where the colors are fused/blended into the paper and a glossy coat is applied to protect the finish. (this is type of paper that photo studios that work w/ digital cameras use).

Originally posted by Yogi Bear
here's something u could do....

1. take your scanned images, create a ms word file w/ 16 squares, then paste a copy of the image into each square. then take it to kinkos to be printed on phot paper.

2. if u want photo-quality prints, got to photoshop and crop your picture so they're 2x2 inches. (resize to 1.9x1.9). then, create a new document that's 4x6 inches. paste the 1.9x1.9 picture into the 4x6 file so you have 6 copies of the picture on the 4x6 inch file. save it and bring it to walmart have have them print it out for 29 cents/4x6 sheet and u have 6 copies of 1.9x1.9 photos w/ a thin white border to let u know where to cut. they use fuji archival paper, which feels excatly like regular photos. it's 10 times better than inkjet prints cuz they use dye-sublimation where the colors are fused/blended into the paper and a glossy coat is applied to protect the finish. (this is type of paper that photo studios that work w/ digital cameras use).

THANKS!!! I just did that in Photoshop, I've glossy photo paper, I'll take it and print at work 2morrow!!! Yipppeeeeee:clap: To think that I paid $13 for a set of 4 :( Oh well, no more!!

Personally, I didn't go the cheap route (comparatively speaing). I figured that we're already spending an arm and a leg...why not pitch in a few more dollars to have your pic look professional and have you look hundreds of times better than those horrid passport photos. (You photogenic people sicken me! :) ) Remember, this is the first time adcoms will lay their eyes on you, and you want to make a good impression. (Even tho they say it's for identification purposes, you'll never know if it's B.S.)

I got my pics taken at Olan Mills and bought a sheet of wallets for like $10, but sprung an extra $10 to have additional poses taken. Took those pics to the Kodak picture maker and made about 5 extra sheets to send to schools ($4 each). Basically, I just wanted to make sure that I had one really good set of pics for myself and then you can go cheap in reproducing those pics.