1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Application Process

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DATMATT, Jun 9, 2002.

1. DATMATT

DATMATT SISU
    7+ Year Member

I am finding that the whole application process is more of a hassle than I thought it would be. By the time I get my essay done I think my application will be sent in sometime in July. Will this set me back? I am not taking the DAT until August anyway.

Ugh,

datMatt

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yeah, it is a pain in the @$$, literally. Hopefully they won't have any bugs in the system like when I applied ( the first day). I took me like 8 hours to complete the damn thing due to the server problems. I just wanted to get it out of the way. You should be fine. Focus on your DAT and just apply when you're done with your DAT. That is still ahead of the process. I had friends who applied in october and they still got in somewhere. I hope this helps. Good luck.

DesiDentist

4. pakgirl

pakgirl Member
    7+ Year Member

I would suggest applying as soon as you can and get it out of the way. That way as soon as you take your DAT, and have it sent to the schools, you will be ahead of everyone who waits around. Also don't forget to have your letters sent as well. The sooner you apply the better. I think that definitely helped me get in to dental school. After you take the DAT, you will just have to wait to hear from the schools rather than messing with the application!
    Good luck!

5. racemic01

racemic01 Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree with pakgirl. Finish it up as soon as possible. That way the schools are just waiting on your DAT. If you get everything in by Aug and you're just waiting on the DAT, you'll be ahead of the crowd which can be a big advantage. I also second what pakgirl said about your LOR. Get those in ASAP. Each step closer to the finished application is one step closer to those interview invites and one less thing to stress over. Good luck.