Application question! PLEASE help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nezlab99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out both AMCAS and TMDSAS this week. My question is about the course work sections. When we list our future course work, will we be accepted to a medical school on the condition that we must take those classes? I'm not talking about any of the required classes, just more sciences and stuff. The reason I ask is I'm not really sure what I will take in the spring of 2003 and don't know if I should put classes down if I'm not sure about them yet. Or, what if the class isn't even offered again in the future? Is this a problem anyone else has faced?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't put it down unless you definitely plan on taking it - of course it depends on the school. You do need to put down all your coursework that you will be needing for a degree, and if it changes after you've been accepted, just call and let them know why. Where I'm headed they say you must notify them if your coursework changes or you drop something. They don't want people dropping classes after they're accepted. Good luck in the application process! :)

I put the 4 classes I intended to take my spring senior semester, as well as the 4 courses I knew I would take during the Fall semester. I ended up taking different, but similar courses, b/c the ones I wanted weren't offered. It wasn't a big deal, and I didn't have to change anything or notify schools. As long as the classes aren't required, it shouldn't matter. So I say put 'em down. :cool: Otherwise they will think you only intend to take 2 or 3 courses your last semester if you only put down the definite ones.