application question please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
did all of you type your AADSAS application? Did any of you hand write them? Also, where'd you find a typewriter that worked well...thanks :)

Oh, one more question...for 2003...the applications start being accepted in June, when does the application come out? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I filled mine out online (like I said in your other post). The app probably doesn't change much so you can prepare for it by looking at this years application. I would spend some time on your personal essay since this is the most important and hardest, all the other questions on the app are relatively easy and straightforward-ie. list community service, manual dexterity etc. If you have a premed committee they are gonna want your personal essay as well, mine met in the spring so its a good idea to write your essay over christmas break and this gives you time to put it aside and comeback and refine it later. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my essay on line and spent about a month preparing it. It seems like you were able to start getting your application together in May.

hi,

it's easiest to just file AADSAS online because you don't have to worry about buying a typewriter or worry about mailing it. the app for next year should come out in May...you can find it online at: <a href="http://www.adea.org/AADSAS/AADSAS_Main_Page.htm" target="_blank">AADSAS Application</a>

you can start prepping your essay as early as you want...obviously the earlier the better. from what i remember, the most grueling parts of the primary application were the personal statement and chasing your profs down for letters of rec. i HIGHLY recommend asking for letters as early as possible. i had a prof who took a little over 2 months to complete my letter and that was with me bugging him about it all throughout! it almost gave me a heart attack when i was trying to assemble my application packet.

i think you don't really need to buy a typewriter--definitely not for the primary app...and not really necessary for the secondaries either. i tried to find a cheap typewriter when i was doing my secondaries and found that they were about $100!! :p so i got a scanner instead...i think you can get them for as low as $10 these days...i know there's one for $19.99 at office depot/max or staples or some store like that...i just scanned in the forms and used the typewriter function on the scanner program and printed the text only as i fed the form through my printer. it takes a little bit of trial and error to align the text perfectly. however, i've found this to be an easy/economical way to complete the applications. ;) good luck!

-wasabi007

thanks guys! :)

Print a copy of the internet in May, fill it out with what you want to say, and then file it online in june, using the other as a guide. Worked best for me!

I bought a almost new typewriter (with a correction tape) at the Goodwill store for $20!!!! It really helped me with all of my secondaries. Or try ebay.