1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

application question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vixen, May 29, 2002.

1. vixen

vixen I like members
    10+ Year Member

Ok, I'm a little confused...when I go to adea's website, the aadsas on the web is available june 3rd...so when I clicked on the application/instructions, is that the application, but only printable right now? On june 3rd, are we going to be able to type on the application online? Anyone want to help? Thanks! :)

2. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Vendor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hey seema,

Yeah!! I'm surprised that the application is one day early. WooHoo!! But the deal is that the online version is available June 3. I guess because of the weekend. If you want to fill it out you can do that and send it in but still it will be faster to do the online version.

Hope this helps,

DesiD....

3. EAK27

EAK27 Member
    7+ Year Member

In the first post I think Vixen said that you were able to access the printable application?? How do you do that, I tried clicking it and it doesn't work. Any oointers?

4. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

I have that problem too.
    Last night, I was able to download the stuff, but today, for some reason, I am not able to.
    I don't know what is wrong w/ AADSAS

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Yesterday for some time, the only part that was available was the Instruction booklet (which helps with the required stuff for each school) and not the application.

AADSAS took the link down this morning to fix the problem. It is now working and you can download the instructions and the application.

As was pointed out in a previous post, the online application is available on Monday, so using the paper form makes little sense in most situations. Applications will be processed by AADSAS beginning the evening of June 3 -- so online applications will be in that first processing batch (paper applications won't).

-G

6. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Another application question...

On question 68 under educational history, what percentile group represents the top:

90% and over OR 1%-24%?

In other words, if I graduated at the top of my class, would I indicate that I was in the top 90% or in the top 1%? :rolleyes:

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    smile_doctor,

They are looking for percentiles, so the top of your class would be the 90th percentile (that's the highest choice they have).

- G

8. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Gavin, I thought so to, but wanted to be certain.

9. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Get used to this.....AADSAS web site links will go off and on frequently!! I remember last year...there are times that I can access my saved online application, but sometimes, I can not. It's like a light switch, sometimes on sometimes off....if you're lucky...the light will always be on! :D