Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlotte.sometimes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I sit here completeing my AACOMAS on-line application, I realize that I have a few questions. Perhaps someone here can help me . . .

-Will graduate grades factored into my overall and science GPA? Just being hopeful b/c my graduate GPA would definitely pull up my OK unndergrad. GPA.

-Is it appropriate to include a high school honor (Salutatorian) in the honors/awards section?

-Although I've taken the April '00 MCATS, I plan on taking them again in August . . . as I will be indicating this on the application, will my app. be put completely on hold until those come in or will I be sent secondaries before that time?? Ideally, I would like to have the secondaries in well before August MCAT scores arrive in October.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I hope I answer your questions for you correctly....so if I am wrong, will someone please say so.

#1) Graduate grades are not included in the same category as undergraduate grades on the AACOMAS application. This is the reason for listing each class on the undergraduate listing of courses; then, there is another section of the form (last year it was almost identical to the undergraduate section) for the graduate grades. When you print everything out you will get a listing for graduate and undergraduate grades.

#2) Go ahead and include the high school honor on the application...that is one that you should be proud of!

#3) No it will not delay the process. I was in your boat last year with my central application and sent it in....they just sent the apps out to the schools I was applying to and on it indicated that I was sitting for the August MCAT. At my interview they asked me if I took the MCAT and said ok. (I was granted interviews before the second set of scores came back).

I hope this helps.......GOOD LUCK

How long has it been since you've been in high school? I was also Salutatorian, but I didn't list it because I graduated H.S. in 1989. I felt I had many other important honors to list in that space--it just seemed kind of weird to list high school achievements, but do what you feel is best for your situation. And some schools will hold your file until your August MCAT comes in. TCOM does, and I think there must be others. Call the schools to which you're applying...you don't have to be in the dark about their policy.

Best of Luck!

------------------
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

--Willy Wonka