Jul 9, 2010
Canada
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi
I was just looking at my calendar and if I wait for a certain grade to be ready... + AADSAS gpa verification time etc. My app won't be sent out by AADSAS until end of July :thumbdown:

Is this late? With my stats and as an international, I need to apply as early as possible!
Just wondering if schools receive my completed app end of July/beginning of August if this is still early...
Trying to see if waiting for this grade will be worth it

Thanks guys

jeffity

7+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2009
Status
Dentist
What effect (quantitatively) will the grade have on your GPA? I assume you've taken the DAT already?

OP
D
Jul 9, 2010
Canada
Status
Pre-Dental
What effect (quantitatively) will the grade have on your GPA? I assume you've taken the DAT already?
DAT is done 20/20/20 ...I wanted to re-take but I do not think it will be suitable given the time frame

It will not have a big effect on the cGPA but rather by weak spot the BCP, it will go from 3.13 --> 3.20

Other stats: cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.45, non-sci 3.90

I know my BCP is weak :( hence I was considering the DAT re-take, and picked up a couple biology courses this spring

I know I have a lower bcp and am Canadian so I need to maximize my chances however possible...

tothepark

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DAT is done 20/20/20 ...I wanted to re-take but I do not think it will be suitable given the time frame

It will not have a big effect on the cGPA but rather by weak spot the BCP, it will go from 3.13 --> 3.20

Other stats: cGPA 3.53, sGPA 3.45, non-sci 3.90

I know my BCP is weak :( hence I was considering the DAT re-take, and picked up a couple biology courses this spring

I know I have a lower bcp and am Canadian so I need to maximize my chances however possible...
I wouldn't wait for those grades. List those courses under "in progress." If the schools really care about the grades you receive in those classes they will expect an academic update in the winter for you to post those grades.