Application Timeline Confusion - Can someone provide me clarity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelminak

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a little confused on how the timeline for applying for med school works. In my current situation, I'm studying for the MCAT and taking it at the beginning of September, then using my final year for GPA repair to get it as high as possible. From what I understood, the earliest you can apply is in June (which is what I'll definitely need to do). When I'm applying at that point, am I applying for that upcoming fall 2015, or the next fall 2016? I see that people get interviews/acceptances into September in beyond, so I'm starting to guess it's the latter? If there's a good resource that I haven't found that explains it better, I'd be happy to read it too.

I appreciate all the help you guys have given me recently. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok you could have very easily figured this out. No need to make a thread. However I'll answer your question.

If you apply in june 2014 (now) you will start medical school in the fall of 2015 if you apply june 2015 you will start in the fall of 2016. You apply insanely early I know.

Also if you can't even figure this out I would recommend you find an advisor at your school to help you out because it sounds like you need it!.

Ok you could have very easily figured this out. No need to make a thread. However I'll answer your question.

If you apply in june 2014 (now) you will start medical school in the fall of 2015 if you apply june 2015 you will start in the fall of 2016. You apply insanely early I know.

Also if you can't even figure this out I would recommend you find an advisor at your school to help you out because it sounds like you need it!.

This is already what I expected, but I searched around online and I didn't find the clear response I was looking for. I'm fine otherwise, but I appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is already what I expected, but I searched around online and I didn't find the clear response I was looking for. I'm fine otherwise, but I appreciate your help.

Ok in a matter of two seconds of googling it I found this:

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/175214/data/timeline.pdf

This is actually very clear.

COME ON. I'm glad I helped but don't bull **** me. Just admit you were being lazy. I'm fine with you being lazy but I don't like being lied to. :(

Ok in a matter of two seconds of googling it I found this:

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/175214/data/timeline.pdf

This is actually very clear.

COME ON. I'm glad I helped but don't bull **** me. Just admit you were being lazy. I'm fine with you being lazy but I don't like being lied to. :(

Maybe I'm blind? I'm looking through the later part of it (College year 4) and I still don't see where it's explained that when you "Receive acceptances!" that they're for the following fall, not the most recent one after graduation. Like I said, that was what I had already assumed but I was hoping someone could straight up say it that way to make sure I didn't have the wrong expectations.

It doesn't really matter. Thank you for giving me the info I was looking for.