Application Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a little confused on how the amcas works.

Let's say I take the MCAT May 15th, get my score June 15th.

I recieve grades for spring quarter around the 18th of June.

When do I apply? I assume it is a good thing to let them see my spring quarter grades, so I should apply after the 18th? Or if I apply earlier in June, is it allowed to send in an updated transcript 3 weeks later? Or do they give you only one shot for sending in transcripts?

Members don't see this ad.

You can start filling out your amcas before june 18 and then submit it on the 18th when you get your transcripts. Also have your transcripts sent to amcas on the 18th. Thats what Id do at least.

So I am a little confused on how the amcas works.

Let's say I take the MCAT May 15th, get my score June 15th.

I recieve grades for spring quarter around the 18th of June.

When do I apply? I assume it is a good thing to let them see my spring quarter grades, so I should apply after the 18th? Or if I apply earlier in June, is it allowed to send in an updated transcript 3 weeks later? Or do they give you only one shot for sending in transcripts?

"You can start filling out your amcas before june 18 and then submit it on the 18th when you get your transcripts. Also have your transcripts sent to amcas on the 18th. Thats what Id do at least."

That's the way I'd do it too.