application type BUG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USeF

sunny L.A.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For half of the schools I am applying to, I checked Combined Medical/Graduate degree with the intention of applying to MD/MPH (not PhD) programs. Under graduate degree all but one school do NOT have MPH as an option. So a good number of these schools automatically threw me into the group of MD/PhD applicants.

To remove confusion I was trying to change to regular MD at these schools a few weeks ago. Then Cornell emails me telling me as of August 30,2001 I STILL have not submitted my MD/PhD application. Funny thing is I haven't received a secondary for the MD, let alone the MD/PhD. When I explain this I get this reply:

-------------------------------------------
Yousef,
We contacted AMCAS and their is indeed a bug that is not letting you change your status. They are working on it, so you should try to change your status again towards the end of next week.
Unfortunately, a letter won't do the trick, as we sort the thousands of applications by "application type".
Have a good weekend.
Ruth Gotian

------------------------------------------

Just a heads up for anyone trying to change application type.
later

Members don't see this ad.

I am also applying to MD/MPH and by AMCAS, my pre-med advisors and medical schools to write Regular MD. The schools said to then just contact them about the MPH programs separately.

I am waiting until I get in somewhere (hopefully) before worrying about applying to their MPH program. I just can't deal with dozens of additional applications now. I'm so glad I didn't check the combined program box for any of my schools. Good luck dealing with this bug, USeF the Bull.