Application update letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LessThanJake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you send an update to a med school? How did you format the letter and how long was the letter? Any help is much appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an update letter with my fall classes. I sent it via e-mail to the admissions office.

I snail-mailed mine (after calling each school) in a standard business-letter format. short and sweet.

Goose-d said:
I snail-mailed mine (after calling each school) in a standard business-letter format. short and sweet.

Why did you call each school first? To tell them the information or to ask how they wanted it sent? I'm debating right now whether or not to send snail mail or email.

CoffeeCat said:
Why did you call each school first? To tell them the information or to ask how they wanted it sent? I'm debating right now whether or not to send snail mail or email.

I had no problems with e-mail. I typed up the update in a word document, and attached it. Inside the e-mail I asked them if they can please include the letter in my file. Everyone wrote back and said they did that. I think everyone has been using e-mail more and more often. Snail mail is so pasee! :D