Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
The button on AMCAS to withdraw my application is not lit up. When I click on it, I get an error.

"Applications that are processed or have not been submitted cannot be withdrawn."

I am listed as complete. Only 1 school listed. Eh? okay.

So, I'm a little nervous I'll be considered a reapp next year or am I just being a neurotic ultra-non-trad? :)

Fedekz

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If you only applied to one school, you'll have to go to their portal to withdraw your application or send them an email.

If you submitted your primary aka sent it through the verification process you will be considered a re applicant to the schools you designated. So any school you designated through AMCAS you'll be a re app at at next year regardless of if you completed the secondary or not.

Reactions: Ad2b
OP
Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Reframing in my own frazzled brain:

I applied to one school. My AMCAS app is complete sans the MCAT (which I did not take). So at that one school, I'll be considered a reapp, if I understand correctly but for everyone else, I won't be.

And thank you.

OP
Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Checked the school's portal. Secondary has been requested. :( Oh well.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Reframing in my own frazzled brain:

I applied to one school. My AMCAS app is complete sans the MCAT (which I did not take). So at that one school, I'll be considered a reapp, if I understand correctly but for everyone else, I won't be.

And thank you.
Youre correct. You'll only be considered a reapplicant at that one school.

Reactions: Ad2b
OP
Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
And it is done :(

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/faqs/301606/amiareapplicanttoallschools.html

Am I a reapplicant to all schools or only the ones I applied to before?
You are only a reapplicant to schools that previously received an AMCAS application from you. For example, if you applied to School A and School B last year, you would be considered a reapplicant at both of those schools if you apply to them this year. You would not be considered a reapplicant at School C since you did not previously apply to that school.

You will indicate your reapplicant status per school in the Medical Schools section of your application.

OP
Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks, @gonnif - it is done. It was the logical thing to do as much as it sucks. The force is strong with me. I will be a stronger applicant next cycle.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Thanks, @gonnif - it is done. It was the logical thing to do as much as it sucks. The force is strong with me. I will be a stronger applicant next cycle.
"Doctor to be you will" says Yoda the premed advisor.

nolookpass

5+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2010
Are you still considered a reapplicant if your committee letter/letters were not received by AMCAS, but the application was processed. I'm going to assume yes?

nolookpass

5+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2010
Appreciate it. So basically I submitted one throwaway app to a school, but didn't go through with it since I wasn't ready. My primary was processed, but I never submitted my committee letters or the secondary app.

Where exactly would I indicate that I'm a reapplicant? Do all schools ask on their secondary? Also what happens to people who genuinely don't know about this nuance? I'm sure many people don't know that they are considered reapplicants and end up saying they aren't.

OP
Ad2b

Ad2b

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I got asked for a 2ndary despite that my MCAT score is not there and I'm missing an LOR. My understanding is that many schools do send the 2ndary because it generates income.

Next year, I believe there is a checkbox next to the school that you click to say you are a reapp. I also believe I read somewhere that in the 2ndarys there is a place to explain the reapp, either explicitly asked or can be answered in the "What else would you like the adcom to know".

So for the schools where you withdrew this cycle ONLY, you will check the reapp spot.

For all others, you're simply a new app.