Application without MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kj8210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My question is will I be able to submit my primary application before receiving my MCAT score? I am planing taking my MCAT on June 20th and I wont get my score back till July 23rd but I plan on sending them to schools ASAP. I also want to submit my primary application on June 1st before I receive my MCAT score and was wondering if I will receive secondaries or not? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can submit AMCAS without an MCAT score. Most people send AMCAS to one school initially for verification, then send it to the other schools after the MCAT score is received. You should get secondaries, as they're usually sent to everyone regardless.

I am kind of new to this forum. Can anyone explain me how the process goes without MCAT score till July 23 and you still apply on JUNE1.. considered early applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am kind of new to this forum. Can anyone explain me how the process goes without MCAT score till July 23 and you still apply on JUNE1.. considered early applicant?

You probably won't be considered super early, but getting your score back on July 23rd is still plenty in time. Just make sure you get your secondaries filled out ASAP (if they send them to you without the score) or pre-written (if they don't send until they get the score, this will vary school-to-school). If you're complete at schools by August you're just fine.