Applications and bench test info for west coast colleges..............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanju

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i am sure a few of us are planning on applying to west coast olleges for the 200 application cycle. i just started this thread so that people who applied and got in this year could help us out in anyway regarding the bench test and appln process, since it is a little diff than for colleges on the east coast.

any contributuions are welcome. i know this is a little early but even then.we could make a format:

name of college:
expectations of college for part1 & 2:
expected GPA:
Work exp:

Bench test specifications:
1. procedures told to be done:
2. how to practise for it:

Interview:
1. questions asked:

any more suggestions are welcome.

sanju

Members don't see this ad.

Hi sanju,
This is a gre8 idea.
I too wish everyone accepted in west schools post here now.

They may not find enough time for us once the schools starts.

thanks in advance
best wishes to everyone accepted.

Krishna.

thx krishna. but does not seem like the idea has worked since this thread has been viewed 128 times but no replies. urs is the first one.

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
the reason so many people just viewed it and didnt post is that these details cannot be answered directly, because no one knows what part 1, 2 scores a school "expects".. there is a cut off of 85 at some places like UCLA, UCSF and at others there is not like Loma Linda, USC, UOP to be called for the bench/interview.
Also a lot of the information has been posted on other threads like "acceptance thread" or "IDP compiled stats", these threads will give an insight to the future applicants of the kind of scores and GPAs people got.
Also, the questions asked in the interview are very relative, they cannot be generalized for 'west coast schools'.. because all they want to know is your interpersonal skills and your personality, your level of confidence (and not overconfidence!!) and how clear u are about what u want..
Hope this helps a bit.

Sck is right Sanju. You asked for many details, most of which have been answered in previous threads. If you go to the different UOP threads will find plenty of feeback from people who interviewed there. The same goes for some other schools. And those feedbacks are really detailed ones, so.....

thanks sck and meggs. i will definately look up the old threads.

sanju