Applications being sent in Mid June?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyruvate090205

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read that the applications are being sent to schools starting mid June. Does this mean that, in theory, that's when everything needs to be completed? or do schools still see the applications that have been submitted June 2nd before everyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in knowing when primaries will first be sent to medical schools, too! Also, OP, I think applications could have been submitted before June 2. As far as I know, they could have been submitted the first day the application opened in May.

A related question: how long does it take to get verified once your application is complete?

Another related question: how long does it for AACOMAS to mark transcripts as "received"? My school sent my transcript on June 3 by first class mail, so it should be delivered to AACOMAS by early next week. How long should I expect for it to take before my transcript is marked as received?

(Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, OP!)

I'm interested in knowing when primaries will first be sent to medical schools, too! Also, OP, I think applications could have been submitted before June 2. As far as I know, they could have been submitted the first day the application opened in May.

A related question: how long does it take to get verified once your application is complete?

Another related question: how long does it for AACOMAS to mark transcripts as "received"? My school sent my transcript on June 3 by first class mail, so it should be delivered to AACOMAS by early next week. How long should I expect for it to take before my transcript is marked as received?

(Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, OP!)
dont be sorry, id like to know all of these as well! I sent my transcripts around the 18th of May and i got a message saying that they received and processed it on the 27th. i hope that helps and i hope that others can chime in for the unanswered questions that you and I have posted

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can always look at the verification thread. It looks like it takes about a week after they received all the materials and after you've e-submitted the application.

These times will change as more people start submitting, however.

dont be sorry, id like to know all of these as well! I sent my transcripts around the 18th of May and i got a message saying that they received and processed it on the 27th. i hope that helps and i hope that others can chime in for the unanswered questions that you and I have posted

Hopefully my transcript will be arrived my next week and I will be complete the week after that!

You can always look at the verification thread. It looks like it takes about a week after they received all the materials and after you've e-submitted the application.

These times will change as more people start submitting, however.

Do verification times get notoriously long if submitting in mid-to-late June? I know AMCAS may take up to two weeks or so if submitting within that time frame, but how about AACOMAS?

I'm not sure. This year is new for the whole application and verification process. AACOMAS did state it should be faster this year than last (from 6 weeks peak waiting times to 4 weeks.)

The date was previously 6/15/15 but it changed yesterday to "late June".

Source: AACOMAS Management