Applied Early. No Interviews. No Rejections. Whats the Deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toronto123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 14 schools. My GPA is >3.5, DAT AA >20, applied third batch. I've done shadowing and volunteering. Worked hard on my personal statement. Any info/advice? Or is this normal and I should just continue waiting? This waiting game is torture.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 14 schools. My GPA is >3.5, DAT AA >20, applied third batch. I've done shadowing and volunteering. Worked hard on my personal statement. Any info/advice? Or is this normal and I should just continue waiting? This waiting game is torture.

What schools did you apply to?

Maybe because you are canadian and you applied med school before (I'm guessing?).

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe because you are canadian and you applied med school before (I'm guessing?).

I really hope thats not the case. I actually withdrew before having a complete app and explained that on my application. I kind of had a late change of heart after shadowing dentists and realizing that this is what I really wanted to do. I made sure to get an LOR from one of the dentists I shadowed as well.

What schools did you apply to?

Just off the top of my head - UOP, NYU, Case, Detroit, Buffalo, BU, UPenn, Maryland, Creighton..

But then again, it's still early...I mean looking at last year's threads, many interviews came from september ~november.

I feel you . I keep checking my phone every 10 minutes-_-.

I'm in sort of the same situation! I wish I knew what was going on. I'm a Canadian applicant from Ontario. My GPA is 4.00, DAT AA>20, shadowing and volunteering. I applied early in June and I applied to 13 schools!

Maybe it's because I'm applying as a 3rd year student (that is, I will be matriculating without a bachelors degree). Is it likely because we are considered international students?

I'm in sort of the same situation! I wish I knew what was going on. I'm a Canadian applicant from Ontario. My GPA is 4.00, DAT AA>20, shadowing and volunteering. I applied early in June and I applied to 13 schools!

Maybe it's because I'm applying as a 3rd year student (that is, I will be matriculating without a bachelors degree). Is it likely because we are considered international students?

Maybe. I am in a similar situation too. 3.65+ GPA with 21 AA. Applied to most schools you guys applied to. No luck yet. Could it be that we are Canadian or could it be the universities we are from??

I have 3.83 GPA, 19 AA, applied first batch, have over three years of experience working in a dental office, US resident and not even one invite...:wtf:

We are in similar boats, my friend (besides that I'm a CA resident). No invites yet either. Go outside and get some fresh air, relax, hang out with your friends, live, etc. Don't worry so much because you've done everything you could at this point and there is nothing left to do :).

90% of those reading this forum probably have an android or apple based smartphone.

two words: candy. crush.

do not blaspheme.

Members don't see this ad :)
stuck on 45 for days. tonight i destroyed it and proceeded to blow through 46 and 47 on the first try.

feast or famine.

stuck on 45 for days. tonight i destroyed it and proceeded to blow through 46 and 47 on the first try.

feast or famine.
Don't worry, AA will bring back the acuity.;)

Worst. Level. Ever!!

I was stuck on 110 for 2 months if this level is worse I'm gonna QUITTTTT...playing to focus on school in order to raise my GPA for my applications next june.

Gotta stay on topic

90% of those reading this forum probably have an android or apple based smartphone.

two words: candy. crush.
After months of hearing about this game, I finally got it today and let me just say I am so glad I played it AFTER I was done with school and done with the DAT. I sucked my afternoon away.

How do you know which batch? Any help on where to look? Thanks for
Your time

We should think of another name for this thread...How about Candy Crush Saga for the ones Waiting on Interviews

I was stuck on 147 for a month.

Stuck on 226 now.

Since Sunday, 65 has made me want to punch babies