Applied Physiology Program at FINCH/CMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traumaMD

D O double C
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about the rate of acceptance to their medical school after the completion of the AP program? I know it's not guaranteed acceptance but as long as I do well (about 3.0 or higher), do I have a good chance? Please post all you know about the program...thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to improve your chances at Finch slightly, but do considerably less for your chances at other schools. Make sure to consider other options.

Help Guys.............BUMP

Members don't see this ad :)
From what students who have been in the program told me it seems as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the program you're almost guaranteed admission the following year (even though nowhere do they mention that on paper due to a lawsuit several years back). I hope this helps. Good luck.

I know that some of the classes you complete in the program you will obtain credit for as an MS1 so you would have an easier first year. :)

traumaMD,

I was looking into that program. At nearly 34k I thought it was way too much for me. I looked into the physio/neuro MS program at NW. It is about 24k and looks like a great program.

Check it out:
<a href="http://www.northwestern.edu/neurobiology/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.northwestern.edu/neurobiology/index.html</a>

Shorrin,
thanks i looked at that NWU prog but the thing is that at Finch if i get a 3.0 or higher i am "guaranteed" acceptance. does NWU also have that? I'm not sure.
Are you going to do the NWU prog?

heya trauma,

I was considering any program to bump up my GPA and I didn't want to leave Chi.

Finch looked like a good option but I was scared about the 3.0 and above "guaranteed" acceptence thing after reading the lawsuit that was posted a while back. Also, I thought an MS from NW would give me the freedom to find an actual job, or apply whereever. I don't think that they have anything w/the med school but a person in their office said that most ms grads go on to med school.

I'm not doing any program now but the finch would have been too costly a risk for me. I'd talk to the Director, Christine Jones about the program first.

I'm sorry that I can't be more help. I know how difficult a decision this is.

All the best to you!