toodletooth

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Just a little discouraged... Who is in the same boat as me?

Btw I applied to LSU, Indiana, Minnesota, VCU, NYU, Roseman, Louisville, Marquette, Tennessee, Tufts, & W. Virginia (I know Tufts & W. Virginia haven't started giving out invites so I'm cool about those lol)

Reactions: ygurmendi

ncide

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I applied to 22 schools, got waitlisted at one and rejected at another. No interviews from anywhere yet. It is still early so don't be worried.

Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student

Btw I applied to LSU, Indiana, Minnesota, VCU, NYU, Roseman, Louisville, Marquette, Tennessee, Tufts, & W. Virginia (I know Tufts & W. Virginia haven't started giving out invites so I'm cool about those lol)
What are your stats? From the interview thread, I've seen one or two Minnesota invites so that is still early in the process, Marquette just started notifying today, I've not seen any VCU, Roseman, LSU, and only a couple NYU I think.

Oct 21, 2013
Status
Dental Student
I applied to 22 schools, got waitlisted at one and rejected at another. No interviews from anywhere yet. It is still early so don't be worried.
I thought schools couldn't give out wait lists until dec 1st?

op, Unfortunately the only school that we both applied to was Tufts, so I can't speak for your situation!

ncide

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I thought schools couldn't give out wait lists until dec 1st?

op, Unfortunately the only school that we both applied to was Tufts, so I can't speak for your situation!
They said they would look at my file again at a later date. Not really a waitlist.

BobbyBeavis

What are loans?
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2013
Status
Dental Student

I'm 2nd batch too and we applied to many of the same schools, and I've only heard from NYU out of your list. No worries

Reactions: toodletooth
OP
toodletooth

toodletooth

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
What are your stats? From the interview thread, I've seen one or two Minnesota invites so that is still early in the process, Marquette just started notifying today, I've not seen any VCU, Roseman, LSU, and only a couple NYU I think.
I'm about to inbox you!

OP
toodletooth

toodletooth

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
first batch, i applied to 15, 0 interviews, 1 rejection, 2 on hold for further review, 1 continuing review

don't worry, I'm sure we'll hear some good news eventually
YES! I guess we just need to keep our heads up! It's just so discouraging to see everyone else get interviews while I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs We'll get our turn (soon hopefully!)

Reactions: predent3591
OP
toodletooth

toodletooth

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
just stay busy! I'm taking anatomy & physiology, retaking physics, working as a DAT instructor and running an online business!! the more busy you make yourself the less time you have to stress about hearing back from dental schools
You are totally right! I have an online business too! How crazy is that?! Lol Anyways, I wish you the best of luck! And thank you for the words of encouragement :)

Aug 4, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Just an FYI, VCU's first interview is this Friday.

Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey!!! Cheer up and stay positive and strong! :highfive: They do all this to see if we are strong enough! :p I applied to 5 schools (LSU, Nova, LECOM, UF, Houston). I applied before finding this site, so now I know Houston was a waste of time/money because they are OOS unfriendly. So, there's minus 1... Lol... :D Got a rejection letter from Nova, been told my application will be re-reviewed by LECOM in 90 days, got an interview at UF this coming week and, like you, haven't heard back from LSU. I believe that, if we don't hear from LSU by the end of this month, it'll basically be game over cause they aren't like other schools that go in the cycle past December 1st. The other schools that you applied to, don't know how their process is but seems like they start late so, just hang tight! I know how you feel seeing all the people posting about their 2nd, 3rd,...6th, etc interview, but guess what: EVERYTHING happens for a reason. So, just relax, keep yourself busy with work, school, etc and enjoy the ride... :p The worst that can happen is that we have to open the DAT books again and go through this stress again next year. But we will be better prepared and know how to play the game better... :prof: We are almost there and should not let anyone stop us from achieving our goal... :zip:

OP
toodletooth

toodletooth

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Hey!!! Cheer up and stay positive and strong! :highfive: They do all this to see if we are strong enough! :p I applied to 5 schools (LSU, Nova, LECOM, UF, Houston). I applied before finding this site, so now I know Houston was a waste of time/money because they are OOS unfriendly. So, there's minus 1... Lol... :D Got a rejection letter from Nova, been told my application will be re-reviewed by LECOM in 90 days, got an interview at UF this coming week and, like you, haven't heard back from LSU. I believe that, if we don't hear from LSU by the end of this month, it'll basically be game over cause they aren't like other schools that go in the cycle past December 1st. The other schools that you applied to, don't know how their process is but seems like they start late so, just hang tight! I know how you feel seeing all the people posting about their 2nd, 3rd,...6th, etc interview, but guess what: EVERYTHING happens for a reason. So, just relax, keep yourself busy with work, school, etc and enjoy the ride... :p The worst that can happen is that we have to open the DAT books again and go through this stress again next year. But we will be better prepared and know how to play the game better... :prof: We are almost there and should not let anyone stop us from achieving our goal... :zip:
Wow. Thanks for that! I really needed to hear that. You are very right. Everything does happen for a reason, and I need to be patient. Patience is something I definitely need to work on. Maybe I'll just to stay off of here? or maybe not? Lol

Thanks again & congrats on the interview! You will do great :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DrToothDriller

lacey17

7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2010
Status
Please don't be discouraged. I know the feeling. I have friends with much lower stats than mine who already got interviews from my state schools and I haven't heard anything ! just oos interviews! as I have to keep telling myself , our time will come !

Stalkyyy

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Applied to 15, haven't heard back from anyone. I did all my supplementals, was mailed and verified the last week in august. I have fairly competitive stats so I just figured they haven't go to it yet. We'll be alright everyone, it's early yet and OUR TIME IS COMING :)

Reactions: htorres89

lacey17

7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2010
Status
Applied to 15, haven't heard back from anyone. I did all my supplementals, was mailed and verified the last week in august. I have fairly competitive stats so I just figured they haven't go to it yet. We'll be alright everyone, it's early yet and OUR TIME IS COMING :)
I have similar timeline as yours , I would say a week earlier than you. I started hearing back last week and all my interviews came back to back and my stat is average ! so I assume you going to hear soon and hopefully get all your pre-dec invites !