applied to 13 on july, no interview invitations. SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lielike

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, I am giving up my hope for this cycle. I had 19/19/21 in DAT and plenty of ECs and shadowing experiences. My problem is my undergrad GPA of 3.0.

i graduated this fall with my bachelor in biochem. and thinking about taking graduate level science classes starting this january and reapplying this coming summer.

My problem is deciding which programs and where. I am going to apply to BU/Nova/Creighton, since their programs 'guarantee' a seat in the d-school once you keep up certain GPA. But the problem is all these programs start in summer and getting into one of those programs is competitive. I feel like I should take some classes starting this january as my back-up plan.

I am a resident in florida, and found that there is a graduate certificate program in biochem at USF I can finish in a semester. or does anyone know good SMP or regular masters program in other states(out of florida) that provides financial aids(grants or teaching assistantship rather than loans)?

For my undergrad, I received federal aids(no loans) because of my parents' low income and actually had leftover money. But I was not sure if graduate schools works the same.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

There is still time so dont give up. If you get rejection letters call the university and ask them how can I improve my file for the next cycle. Maybe its your personal statement. What is your science GPA?