Applied to 18 schools with a science GPA of 3.5 and 19AA, too much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drawingdentist

Dental Student
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is that too many schools to apply to?

3.5 science, 3.6 overall
19AA, 20TS

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to about 15 schools with a 3.2 sGPA and 21AA

Reactions: 1 user
Typically 15 should be an upper bound. If you aren't competitive at 15 schools, then you will not be competitive at any more schools than that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last cycle with a 3.2overall 3.3 science and 20DAT to 15 schools. No acceptances.

I applied to 20+ schools with a 19 and a 3.45ish last year and I only got one interview (waitlisted) I think 18s a good amount.

3.5 science, 3.6 overall
19AA, 20TS
I think you have a good shot at interviews if you have a lot of shadowing hours, CS hours, strong PS and LORs. Hope it goes well for you!

What was your PAT score (the other score most schools look at along with those two)? I've heard if it's high, some schools take that into account and will offer interviews.

The more schools that you have the money to apply to the better, I'd say minimum 10 schools. There are people who have amazing GPA and DAT, only apply to 3 schools, and get rejected every year. Sometimes the application process is just a total crapshoot.

If you already applied, I’d say it’s the perfect amount since you can’t change it now. Be happy that you have extra chances for an acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Should be adequate. I mean you’ll prob get 3 interviews or so out of the 18 but you just gotta nail one.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you have a good shot at interviews if you have a lot of shadowing hours, CS hours, strong PS and LORs. Hope it goes well for you!

What was your PAT score (the other score most schools look at along with those two)? I've heard if it's high, some schools take that into account and will offer interviews.
My PAT was a 21

3.5 science, 3.6 overall
19AA, 20TS

Applying to that many schools is just your preference and it really comes down to the money. If you have the money for it, more power to you. But your gpa is pretty competitive. Most schools will favor a good gpa over dat score. So you should get interviews if you're applying next cycle? Best of luck to you!

Applying to that many schools is just your preference and it really comes down to the money. If you have the money for it, more power to you. But your gpa is pretty competitive. Most schools will favor a good gpa over dat score. So you should get interviews if you're applying next cycle? Best of luck to you!
OP already applied this cycle and got 3 acceptances, look at the post above yours :)

15 schools?!? My god lol glad you got accepted but I honestly thought your stats were very competitive and even on the higher end! Thought you would’ve applied to less than 5

I’m applying next year with a 3.37 oGPA and hopefully a 20+ DAT. Applying to about 5 schools! Should I apply to more?

15 schools?!? My god lol glad you got accepted but I honestly thought your stats were very competitive and even on the higher end! Thought you would’ve applied to less than 5

I’m applying next year with a 3.37 oGPA and hopefully a 20+ DAT. Applying to about 5 schools! Should I apply to more?
Not to derail this thread, but if I were you (which I am not), I would apply to at least 10 since your GPA is on the lower end of the spectrum. Good luck!