Quantcast

applied to some schools last cycles, didn't submit their secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon9301

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Will I be looked down upon for applying and then not submitting a school's secondary? I didn't submit secondaries to schools that were out of driving distance because I was very tight on money.

darklabel

Primary Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For a lot of schools, it will just make it seem like you're a reapplicant even though you didn't actually finish the secondary. Remember that every school you list in AMCAS will have seen your AMCAS application

anon9301

Reaction score
Why did you apply in the first place?
My school uses a committee letter, and if I didn't submit on the first day I would have been significantly behind in the committee letter queue and my application would have been very late (it was sent out late anyway though, so...). I found out about this a few days beforehand, rushed to finish my entire app, and through a bunch of schools on because I didn't know I could add more later.

Needless to say, I was very disorganized.

anon9301

Reaction score
For a lot of schools, it will just make it seem like you're a reapplicant even though you didn't actually finish the secondary. Remember that every school you list in AMCAS will have seen your AMCAS application
Right I understand that every school will have seen my amcas application. My question, and maybe its school specific, is whether they will recognize that I applied but didn't complete a secondary, and then think that I did not have interest in their school.

anon9301

Reaction score
My school uses a committee letter, and if I didn't submit on the first day I would have been significantly behind in the committee letter queue and my application would have been very late (it was sent out late anyway though, so...). I found out about this a few days beforehand, rushed to finish my entire app, and through a bunch of schools on because I didn't know I could add more later.

Needless to say, I was very disorganized.
threw*