Applied Today what are my chances now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellsingfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just applied, and sent out my letters to them also, many of them receive it electronically on Monday and others on probably Wednesday. I applied to all of them except Western.

My GPA as calculated by AACPMAS:
cGPA: 3.40
Science: 3.19
Non-Science: 3.66

MCAT: 26Q
(PS:9, VR: 9, BS: 8)

Since I'm applying so late, you think this will be good enough? Also how long do they take to reply back?

Also can someone give me some tips on interviews, what type of questions are you asked and so forth...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your stats look really good :) ... BUT the problem is that you applied so late.... The deadline is in less than 14 days. You're applying for the September class, am I correct? Most, if not all, schools have classes full already. NYUCPM, for example, has a September full class already (I contacted them). If I were in your shoes, I would contact the schools and ask if their classes are full.

dmu is full, but they are still willing to interview in case someone drops out. but i know of 4-8 people that have already interviewed for the wait list

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats look really good :) ... BUT the problem is that you applied so late.... The deadline is in less than 14 days. You're applying for the September class, am I correct? Most, if not all, schools have classes full already. NYUCPM, for example, has a September full class already (I contacted them). If I were in your shoes, I would contact the schools and ask if their classes are full.

hehehehehehehehe:laugh:

Anyone know if any of the schools are still accepting?

I know NYCPM class of 2015 is full and they have been waitlisting for over a month.

I would send emails over to Temple and OCPM as that they both have larger class sizes and would be most likely to have open seats.

How do waiting lists work? Is it first come first serve, or do they select from the best candidate?

Also if not for fall... will they consider for Jan (which schools do this anyways), or will I have to re-apply.

I really hope the schools you mentioned have availability. :xf:

The best action is for you to contact each school with your questions.

Waitlists are comprised of applicants who interviewed and were deemedsuitable admits to an already filling class or if placed on the list early inthe cycle were deemed probably suitable but deferred in order to review otherapplicants. The lists work like any other grad/professional school list- not asmuch first but most ideal for that particular school. It is a safe bet that all of the people on the list are ideal but the admits are the ones who show that they want it the most. People on the waitlist are there because theycould be admitted if the class hadmore space. Admits from waitlists notify the school that they are stillinterested and/or are contacted by the school to determine movement on the list.

At this point in the application cycle, with financial packages being mailedout, housing being secured, and classes definitely full (as mentionedabove) why would you bet on being interviewed and admitted when there arealready full waitlists unless you are the best thing since sliced bread AND have "connections"? A previous poster said your stats are really good but they are within the average range for this cycle. A search on SDN doesn't reveal the range ofapplicants so there is no way to know about people with 3.5/25-30MCATs such asthose filling DMU, AZPOD and Scholl for sure, and most likely ALL of the otherschools as well.

Applying in June 2011 for the August 2011 (or July2011 for OCPM) class lookslike an afterthought. By comparison, several of my classmates confirmedacceptances in November 2010 for our August 2011 orientation. NYCPM is the only school with a January class-go for it or wait until 2012.

How about NY jan 2012 start? Is that full already?

No one has reported that OCPM or TUSPM are full. I'm getting so anxious.. Waiting for Monday to talk to them and NYCPM about the status on availability.

possible. CAll CSPM and see if they have any seats left. Last I heard about a month ago, we were only at 80%.

Well I guess we'll know about the availability when I call all these schools on Monday... so instead of me getting stressed about that (as its not in my control)... can you guys offer some insight about the interviews. What type of questions are asked and how did you prepare for your interviews.

Thanks

Well I guess we'll know about the availability when I call all these schools on Monday... so instead of me getting stressed about that (as its not in my control)... can you guys offer some insight about the interviews. What type of questions are asked and how did you prepare for your interviews.

Thanks

Check out SDn interview feedback section. It has all that info in it. Good luck. You will get in this round or the next.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was already invited to 2 interviews so I hope seats are still available :xf:

Congrats!! :) Where you are interviewing?

OCPM and NYCPM- I asked them about availibility and they both said ya. So perhaps NYCPM put people on waitlist to make a final decision about the last couple of spots. OCPM outright said they had available space. I just hope they're not fooling me.

I talked to TUSPM and they also said there are seats available (maybe around 10 was her guess), but they just received my application, and will reply soon I hope with an interview.. By the way I only have one health professional LOR (they require two), you think they'll allow me to turn this in later on as 'conditional acceptance' or are they strict about 2 LORs from health professionals?

Last edited:
OCPM and NYCPM- I asked them about availibility and they both said ya. So perhaps NYCPM put people on waitlist to make a final decision about the last couple of spots. OCPM outright said they had available space. I just hope they're not fooling me.

I talked to TUSPM and they also said there are seats available (maybe around 10 was her guess), but they just received my application, and will reply soon I hope with an interview.. By the way I only have one health professional LOR (they require two), you think they'll allow me to turn this in later on as 'conditional acceptance' or are they strict about 2 LORs from health professionals?

Well I know that TUSPM doesn't mind waiting for the second LOR but that's earlier in the application cycle. It's almost time for school to start so they'll will want that second letter asap. Just find a podiatrist and shadow for a week then ask for a letter, you should be fine.

Are they giving interviews in July or only through June?

OCPM is only June last day is 29th, at least that is what I was told., NYCPM gave me interview in July. I don't know about the rest.

Well just received an interview from TUSPM, and they're doing it in July also.

Barry is very close to full, but I do believe there are a couple slots left.

Get in touch with Amy in admissions ASAP if you are interested.

Do I need to take any portfolio or anything with me to the interviews like some notebook or anything.. Or do I just go there and answer questions and have a tour?

Do I need to take any portfolio or anything with me to the interviews like some notebook or anything.. Or do I just go there and answer questions and have a tour?

The two interviews I went to, Scholl and WesternU, I did not have to bring anything with me to the interview even though I did bring a portfolio with me but it was never used.

Well interviewed at OCPM.. Got accepted, I think they had pre-printed my acceptance letter, since when the Dean finished her last question and i responded she handed me the letter (was in my 'file' from the beginning) and also in the letter said I got a $5000 Scholarship. ;)

They gave me 3 days to deposit the $1000 non-refundable fee to hold the place. And my next interview in NY is on the 6th! What do I do! Temple is on the 11th.

When I had called NY before, a week back, they said they only had 1 or 2 spots, I'm thinking they must be already full. Only thing is I might get into their Jan semester thing. But that program makes it 4 1/2 years.

And I can't believe Scholls invited me to an interview on the 28th when they e-mailed me on the 27th. How am I supposed to arrange everything in 1 day. I had already left for Ohio on the 27th. I don't see why they needed a week to even send out an invitation, their office must be extremely lazy. OCPM sent info the same day I sent out the application.

So any advice, what do you think I should do. Just go with OCPM. I think other schools must be full. California invited me but said it was for waitlist. Barry invited me but I didn't want to go to Miami :)

Only Arizona and DMU never responded back yet. Probably because they're full...

I'm going to ask Temple to give me an interview this Friday, if they don't move it to Friday I think I'm just going to accept OCPM. Any advice?

Also how much scholarship do NY and Temple give, and what is their criteria?