I have always been interested in research and science. I have chosen a biomedical sciences major in college as a precursor to a Ph.D. in Biology so that I could persue a career in research. However, the last few weeks have changed my life. My dad is a CRNA and one morning he invited me to go to work with him. I LOVED IT! I loved watching the surgeries, following a few docs around, etc. I also volunteered in the outpatient surgery dept. during these last few weeks while I am on break. When I go back to school, I hope to get into some volunteering at a hospital as soon as I can. You may have guessed, I really want to go to medical school. I feel this is something I will truly enjoy. I am a junior this year and as a result of my science major, I have gotten nearly all my pre-reqs for medical school in already. I can apply at the end of this year for the 2008 entering class or I could wait until next year (2009 entering class). My stats are 3.20 GPA, 3.00 BCPM, MCAT on May 16, 2007...If I get a 4.0 this semester, my GPA will be 3.32 overall and 3.18 BCPM. However, my recent trend of grades (last 58 credits) is 3.64 overall, and 3.57 BCPM (48 credits)(assuming a 4.0 for this next semester). If I were to wait, my GPA would be 3.51 overall and 3.42 BCPM with an upward trend (90 credits) of 3.78 overall and 3.73 BCPM with more clinical/volunteering/shadowing experience. I am a Michigan resident and am not looking to get into U-M or Hopkins, just a modest school will work for me. I should also note that my GPA is low because of my apathetic attitude toward school during my first year and a half. I just wanted to pass my classes and move on not really striving for better grades which I am definitely capable of! So, should I apply to a few schools this year or wait till next year? Thoughts and comments are appreciated!